Rovers v Spiders

Just now, pub car king said:

Typical Rovers, looked good forb25 minutes before the opposition start to creep back into the game. 

That said, definite penalty and Raith just about worth the lead. 

Must be watching a different game from me saying just about worth the lead.

Clean through 3 times. Great save x2 from Hanlon and Easton has been close 3 times.

Should be 3 nil up.

Real impressive for me with Easton and big Jack looking nice.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Typical Rovers, looked good forb25 minutes before the opposition start to creep back into the game. 

That said, definite penalty and Raith just about worth the lead. 

Always to be expected. Byrne on a booking (and probably no sleep all week) is a bit off it, Brown winning the ball well but wasteful when he's got it. I'd like to see Pollock and Jamieson trying to get in behind when Easton is on the ball, as always he's the key player. 

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Clean through 3 times. Great save x2 from Hanlon and Easton has been close 3 times.

Should be 3 nil up.

Watching on Raith TV so a different angle to anyone at the game. We've  been clear through but they haven't been definite chances. Easton has had a couple of chances but again not certainties. 

Plus there was that effort Queens Park had where it's hit someone and broke clear Kev knew nothing about it. 

Probably just pessimism on my part though. 

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Should be 3 nil up.

That's the worrying bit. Open play goals rather than relying on penalties would be much more preferable. We seem to be profligate rather than prolific.☹️

5 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Always to be expected. Byrne on a booking (and probably no sleep all week) is a bit off it, Brown winning the ball well but wasteful when he's got it. I'd like to see Pollock and Jamieson trying to get in behind when Easton is on the ball, as always he's the key player. 

Jamieson has looked like a massive pain on the arse to play against, Hamilton has looked really good too. 

Agree that Brown and Byrne have looked a bit slack in places but to be expected. 

Big second half coming up and I think the changes need to effective when they come. 

2 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

The ref intervenes yet again with a game changing decision to Raith's benefit. I don't think there is another team in this league that gets as many pens against us as Rovers.

Not sure what you expect the ref to do when its clear cut 5 yards in front of him.

Starting to see Collins getting the team playing how he wants now.  Some amount of pressing and getting stuck into players at times.  Although it seems that if you as much as breathe near Cammy Kerr he goes down in a heap.

It’s not perfect and you can tell we’re still lacking confidence but positive signs.  Although we could really do with scoring from open play but we’re at least creating chances.