Kilmarnock vs Sevco The Rangers

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can see why Sky chose this game to televise over the cracker at Celtic Park yesterday.

Sure I read something yesterday that it was Celtic who opted not to move the game, foregoing the £75k fee. 

Your point about the game being a stinker still stands though. 

I'm prepared to admit there's a possibility of confirmation bias of what I have always thought, but recently I feel that aside from the big decisions, it's never been more obvious to me that the arse cheeks players pretty much just get to referee the games. They get all the soft ones, and rarely concede the soft ones. It's quite low key when there isn't one or two obvious flash points but to me it's there in spades. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm prepared to admit there's a possibility of confirmation bias of what I have always thought, but recently I feel that aside from the big decisions, it's never been more obvious to me that the arse cheeks players pretty much just get to referee the games. They get all the soft ones, and rarely concede the soft ones. It's quite low key when there isn't one or two obvious flash points but to me it's there in spades. 

Both sides have conceded the same number of fouls 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

The number of fouls isn't hugely important to what I just said though

But if what you said were true then wouldn’t you expect to see a variance between the number of fouls conceded? 

13 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sure I read something yesterday that it was Celtic who opted not to move the game, foregoing the £75k fee. 

Your point about the game being a stinker still stands though. 

Two different things.

The Sky deal is for up to 60 matches and a maximum of 5 at any ground. Sky used one of their Parkhead games for the flag stuff on the opening day and another for the Rangers game. They have three left and obviously one of those will be the other Rangers game. They probably don't want to use up another game this early in the season. Also, I don't know how much notice Sky need to give for a fixture change but few would have expected Aberdeen to be on 7 wins going there.

The Premier Sports deal is for 20 matches on top of that, with a maximum of two matches at each ground. That deal is optional for home clubs.

Apparently the SPFL offered 80 matches to Sky but they only wanted 60 (and may well not show as many as that), so they sold another 20 to Premier.

Edited by GordonS