Bairns v Pars

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

TBF, that's not too shabby at this stage given the circumstances. I'm sure there will be over 1000 by Saturday.

More like 1,500 I reckon based on our own sales for away games this season.

About 50% of folk generally seem to wait til Thursday/ Friday/ Saturday morning to buy. For example our games at Airdrie and Raith went from 900 at this point to 1,700 on the day 

30 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye I know for some they'll be waiting until Friday to buy tickets since it's payday, certainly what I'm doing anyway.

I'd imagine we'll have somewhere between 1000 and 1500, lower end I'd imagine and poor for a derby but it's just the feeling of the fans just now. Two years of crap football, lack of quality and cutting edge.

Do that many folk still get paid weekly? Genuinely have no idea as I've always been monthly except a couple of jobs when I was much younger.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Do that many folk still get paid weekly? Genuinely have no idea as I've always been monthly except a couple of jobs when I was much younger.

A few folk will be paid on the last Friday of the month rather than the last working day of the month. 

And do pensioners not get their enormous pay 4 weekly, jammy folk.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I much preferred being paid weekly, I never had to budget for the month. But then a mortgage came along and I asked to be paid monthly, was told no. I suddenly had to grow up and take the responsibility that came with being a man of property. 

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

A few folk will be paid on the last Friday of the month rather than the last working day of the month. 

This. I used to get paid on the Thursday before the last working Friday, which meant if the last day of the month was a Friday I'd have to wait til the day before then, but if the last day of the month was a Thursday I'd get paid a week before. Mental. Played havoc with budgeting etc. Was even worse then Good Friday was near the end of the month as that wasn't a working Friday so we'd sometimes get paid very early that month then would have a near 6 week gap til the next pay day.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

It all depends on what shares are sold, who has entitlement to appoint directors and what the new owners/shareholders want. Suggesting none of the current directors will remain on the board seems very unlikely, unless Pars United end up selling their shares - which would be a surprise.

Pars united might not have a lot of shares to work with unless gbmh sell their shares, but keep the loan note, which would be very odd.

Edited by parsforlife

8 hours ago, CallumPar said:

It all depends on what shares are sold, who has entitlement to appoint directors and what the new owners/shareholders want. Suggesting none of the current directors will remain on the board seems very unlikely, unless Pars United end up selling their shares - which would be a surprise.

They might not have a choice. DAFC Fußball can force them sell to the new owners as per the articles of association that have been in place since they first bought in. 

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

This. I used to get paid on the Thursday before the last working Friday, which meant if the last day of the month was a Friday I'd have to wait til the day before then, but if the last day of the month was a Thursday I'd get paid a week before. Mental. Played havoc with budgeting etc. Was even worse then Good Friday was near the end of the month as that wasn't a working Friday so we'd sometimes get paid very early that month then would have a near 6 week gap til the next pay day.

Part of adulting, one of my previous employers used to pay us early at Christmas then the next pay day wasn't until the last Friday in January, cue the "we've got to wait 6 weeks until oor next pay" well, actually, no, cause the pay you have just received you shouldn't have got until the end of December so if you choose to start spending it immediately and live on beans on toast for January that is on you.

8 hours ago, 101 said:

It feels like the last 15 pages of the Inverness thread is just Falkirk being accused of financial doping. All very strange. 

What are they accusing us of? They are the fannies who've spent a fortune they don't have maintaining a club way beyond it's level. Don't they owe something like 3.5 million? 

20 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

What are they accusing us of? They are the fannies who've spent a fortune they don't have maintaining a club way beyond it's level. Don't they owe something like 3.5 million? 

With restructuring costs still to be added not a kick in the arse off 4M. Brutal.

Just now, Springfield said:

With restructuring costs still to be added not a kick in the arse off 4M. Brutal.

A crazy amount, built up when the club was in the premier League and championship and did well in the cups. 

The guys responsible for that deserve their baws booted. 

23 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

A crazy amount, built up when the club was in the premier League and championship and did well in the cups. 

The guys responsible for that deserve their baws booted. 

Said in an earlier post that they deserve everything thrown at them. Absolutely feel for the Players & families dropped into the abyss nine weeks before Xmas. Local firms going to the wall and no doubt the club will resurrect itself debt free……..  

8 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Jings! You’d better get over there and get them telt.

4 hours ago, Wacky said:

And while he's at it, he'd be as well copying & pasting his holier than thou pish to just about every Scottish clubs' forum.  Every club has had its issues & has had to be propped up in the pretty recent past with "soft loans" etc. Those in gless hooses......

Edited by da_no_1

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Anyone who thinks football clubs should all be making profits really needs to wake up. The vast majority of clubs all run at losses and are propped up by investment, donations and the likes. 

......sound of Raith fans mashing their keyboards.......

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

And while he's at it, he'd be as well copying & pasting his holier than thou pish to just about every Scottish clubs' forum.  Every club has had its issues & has had to be propped up in the pretty recent past with "soft loans" etc. Those in gless hooses......

Nothing holier than thou about it but if someone's going to have a go at how my club is run they probably shouldn't do it while theirs is going down the pan.

I'm off to get them telt right now. 

images (3).jpeg