Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The Boulevard was an amazing place.  By amazing I mean terrifying.

It was wee dirty central though.  

ETA: I went for a pish in the Bouly one night and bumped into a boy I went to school with and hadn't seen for 15 odd years.  He greeted me with "Alright Knightswood! Get fired into that!" and gesticulated to the 4 or 5 lines laid out on the cistern. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I much prefer these sort of dumps.

I feel sorry for people whose nights out consists of 'pre drinks' at some fellow university w****r's flat before a taxi to Bamboo.

The fact you can get glassed for existing really adds a certain something to the evening. There was a nightclub on Maryhill Road which was an absolute zoo

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I feel sorry for people whose nights out consists of 'pre drinks' at some fellow university w****r's flat before a taxi to Bamboo.

The fact you can get glassed for existing really adds a certain something to the evening. There was a nightclub on Maryhill Road which was an absolute zoo

Framptons

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Just Google Framptons and I don't think that's the one I'm thinking of. I last went nearly 10 years ago but think it was a bit further along Maryhill Road, away from the city centre

Pretty sure Framptons is the only 'nite spot' on Maryhill Road. 

Just to round things off what about the Admiral dancing at Anniesland Cross? Any cubicle hookups there @KnightswoodBear?

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Pretty sure Framptons is the only 'nite spot' on Maryhill Road. 

Just to round things off what about the Admiral dancing at Anniesland Cross? Any cubicle hookups there @KnightswoodBear?

The name is familiar, but I can't remember where that was?  I mind the Flagship which was in the "leisure centre" that is now where the McDonalds is. 

12 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Just Google Framptons and I don't think that's the one I'm thinking of. I last went nearly 10 years ago but think it was a bit further along Maryhill Road, away from the city centre

Was there not one up beside the canal called Jumping Jacks? Not to be confused with the one on Sauchiehall St of course.

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The name is familiar, but I can't remember where that was?  I mind the Flagship which was in the "leisure centre" that is now where the McDonalds is. 

Aye, that's the one. 

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Aye, that's the one. 

I was only ever in there once.  That was enough.  A monstrosity insisted I buy her a drink because it was her birthday.  This was backed up by her brothers and their mates.  

I'm pretty sure she was going to insist I pump her because it was her birthday too.  I managed to get away and leave.

23 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I drank in Esquire House before it was a Wetherspoons. In my roving DHSS career I frequented some right shit holes. Made all the more dangerous if you had knocked someone back for a giro. It was usually a straight choice, drink in a dangerous shit hole or do without. Dangerous shit hole won every time.

36 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Sounds like the sort of place where, as you're going in, the doorman asks you if you're carrying a blade. If you say "No" he'll lend you one.

English football. People seem obsessed with English football these days. I follow it, and watch it when it's on TV but it's a distant second for my affection compared with Scottish football, yet it seems like increasingly few give a shit, instead they are more interested in the snooze fest of watching Chelsea beat Middlesbrough 1-0 than their local game. I know this is coming across as bitter but it's frustrating when people ask 'what team do you support?'

'Aberdeen'

'Oh, Scottish football...I mean what Premier League side do you support?'

'Aberdeen'

'No, but, like, English team?'

I got it when I lived in England, but this is Scotland.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have had about enough of all you pretentious b*****ds saying that the Counting House, the Esquire and the Standing order are shit pubs, they are fantastic and I have had some great memories in each of them.

Throbs, one of my favourite drinking shops in the world is Brechins in Govan.  An absolute shithole, but full of character. 

The Spoons places are just nasty soulless shitholes