Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Also, the scumbags that take small suitcases as their hand luggage that will demolish everything in their path to force it in to the overhead lockers. It's very satisfying to see people pulled up at boarding and made to pay extra because they "didn't realise" 2 weeks worth of clothes wouldn't fit on.

TBF for some people 2 weeks worth of clothes fit in a small carrier bag.

How come you can't get them? Most of the originals are fairly easily found online.

I have poor internets at the moment and my laptop met my toddler... ill get round to it eventually

How come you can't get them? Most of the originals are fairly easily found online.

I have poor internets at the moment and my laptop met my toddler... ill get round to it eventually

14 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Another transport related one. I used to laugh at the moron's who we're shuffling in their seat, in a desperate attempt to stay seated for as long as possible, but still dying to get to the exit of the train first; fighting and squeezing out to save 10 seconds. 

I'd wait the 10 seconds, get up and stroll off. Now, there's the opposite moron, a recent phenomonon. They sit pretending to read, but actually looking furtively around, wanting to be the last off and look super cool. I'm sure some end up going back to the original destination because their having a "who's coolest" competition

That's me. 

Standing up at Bishop Briggs for a train that terminates at Queen St is a c***s game.

I lost my Swiss Army Knife a couple of years ago. After about 3 months an Airport Security guy found it in an internal pocket of my backpack. It had been a gift and I'd had it for a long time so I was thrilled for about a millisecond until I realised I wasn't getting it back. Thing is, I'd flown about half a dozen times with that backpack since losing the knife. My bag had been through the x-ray each time and nobody had noticed it.

A cynic might wonder if the whole thing is just a farce to make cowards think they're being kept safe. 

Edited by Shotgun

Ah! [emoji1]

Was it a punchy, throwy meet with the toddler or a juice spilling meet with the toddler?

It was a why does this not shut with toys and sippy cup kind of meeting. Screens dons. Keyboards done. 1 usb port is done.
I can use a usb keyboard and put it via hdmi but its pretty much goosed from there.

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I lost my Swiss Army Knife a couple of years ago. After about 3 months an Airport Security guy found it in an internal pocket of my backpack. It had been a gift and I'd had it for a long time so I was thrilled for about a millisecond until I realised I wasn't getting it back. Thing is, I'd flown about half a dozen times with that backpack since losing the knife. My bag had been through the x-ray each time and nobody had noticed it.

A cynic might wonder if the whole thing is just a farce to make cowards think they're being kept safe. 

Personally I think it's to keep the moronic element of our society (the majority) on edge and give the authorities a flimsy reason to keep beefing up security so they can control the masses more and more. We NEED more police, we NEED security against terrorists etc.

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

And grown men who use a case the size and weight of a large handbag with fucking wheels. You can fit twice as much in a small cabin size rucksack without the handle and wheels, and you won't trip people up with the horrible things, and you can squeeze it under the seat in front if the lockers are full.

I loathe those wee suitcases and the utter twats that use them. As you say, grown men with a wee bag on wheels. The same guys who are first up when the plane lands fumbling to get their phone back on so they can shout importantly in to it. Cants to a man.