Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Eh? (sorry, lame joke)

It's probably just because she's always accusing me of fucking my uncle when I've annoyed her.

They've just nicked Eh? and Aboot from us anyway. Bet it was a Scot who brought maple trees over there in the first place.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by people of know who have moved aboard who are very preachy about it.

It's as if somehow I've made a terrible decision by choosing to live in Scotland and that where they live is definitely much better. I don't just mean the day to day lifestyle but they seem to post pictures on various forms of social media of themselves with some lovely scenery as if they're out exploring every weekend. The same people never ventured out the central belt of Scotland

It's quite possible their life is initially better and they probably are out exploring every weekend as everything is new. It soon wears off! No matter where you are, living a normal working life you do become desensitised to your surroundings and then the usual mundane existence sets in.

Unless your on an expat contract, living overseas can be extremely tough at times (depending where you stay), especially if you do not have residency.

I've lived overseas for 12 years now and wouldn't contemplate returning to the UK. They're many factors, but the biggest one is waking up to a blue sky everyday and the temperature never going below 24c and usually above 30c. I'm afraid Scotland can't compete there.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If anyone abroad needs an assistant accountant with a few years experience and only needs English speaking, I'll get the beers in.

You had me at "get the beers in". Although frankly, I have no need for an assistant accountant, experienced or otherwise. And I can't pay you anything or give you a place to stay. But you know...if you're getting the beers in then you're welcome to come to Colorado.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by people of know who have moved aboard who are very preachy about it.

It's as if somehow I've made a terrible decision by choosing to live in Scotland and that where they live is definitely much better. I don't just mean the day to day lifestyle but they seem to post pictures on various forms of social media of themselves with some lovely scenery as if they're out exploring every weekend. The same people never ventured out the central belt of Scotland

The only thing worse than someone going on about how great it is to live abroad are those who spend their whole time abroad talking about how great their own country is - Americans in particular are terrible for this but I've met a fair few British who are close behind t.b.h. - and it seems the further south you go in the UK the greater it is!

I am where I am now because it's cheap enough to allow me to get by - there are plenty of pros and cons but I suppose for me the pros are outweighing the cons otherwise I'd go 'home'.

Ask me 5 years ago if I'd consider returning to Dundee, I'd have said 100% no chance - now it's more like 99% no chance, so who knows?

10 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

IMG_20150504_151505.jpg

Was there on Saturday, 7th biggest statue in the world.  25km from the house. So, we could take the car and back for winetime  in the evening.

Actually, amazing, was a little cool at 35 degrees, well what do you expect, we have winter here too.

Take Care, hope Chrimbo isn't too stressful.

XXxX

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

The only thing worse than someone going on about how great it is to live abroad are those who spend their whole time abroad talking about how great their own country is - Americans in particular are terrible for this but I've met a fair few British who are close behind t.b.h. - and it seems the further south you go in the UK the greater it is!

I am where I am now because it's cheap enough to allow me to get by - there are plenty of pros and cons but I suppose for me the pros are outweighing the cons otherwise I'd go 'home'.

Ask me 5 years ago if I'd consider returning to Dundee, I'd have said 100% no chance - now it's more like 99% no chance, so who knows?

Any photos of the pros you talk about, friend is asking? Not the fat ones though!!