Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Point is being missed here. It doesnt matter how many members of the same family attend the shops. It only matter whether said people have any self awareness and know how to behave in public or not. Man Wife and 3 kids who all behave are far less a hindrance some some ignorant c**t talking to its pal paying no attention to whats going on round about.

No.  "Man, wife and 3 kids" have no business being in a supermarket.  That immediately brands them as c***s.  One of you does the shopping and the other enjoys time with the weans.  This is what you do if you're a normal family.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well you might think that, but the reality is they can and should be quite capable of being there without making one iota of difference to your own shopping experience. If they are not, then it is because they can't behave. And man/wife + whichever bairn he/she had no other choice but to take to the shopping, if unable to behave can equally ruin your day. As can one single arsehole.

You're confused here.  I have no issue with taking weans shopping and I'm on the record as saying teaching your weans to be sensible both in shops and restaurants is important.

I do deprecate shopping as a leisure activity and that folk who do it are a public annoyance.  I'd be amazed if you disagree with me.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're confused here.  I have no issue with taking weans shopping and I'm on the record as saying teaching your weans to be sensible both in shops and restaurants is important.

I do deprecate shopping as a leisure activity and that folk who do it are a public annoyance.  I'd be amazed if you disagree with me.

How do you manage to differentiate between people just taking their kids shopping, and those doing it as a leisure activity?

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

How do you manage to differentiate between people just taking their kids shopping, and those doing it as a leisure activity?

If it's a parent and weans its utilitarian.  If it's 2 parents and weans it's leisure.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

If it's a parent and weans its utilitarian.  If it's 2 parents and weans it's leisure.

So if the two of us are in our way home from somewhere and stop at Tesco one of us should sit in the car and the other goes in with the daughter to shop? Away you go, ya nutter!

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This.

I'm fucking fed up with families nicking garden furniture and sitting in front of the tellies watching the latest Disney shit.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I imagine if someone called me a c**t because of this then an offer of a duel would have to be made...

Aye, yer a c**t.  Ruel Street it is then.  A soggy thesaurus is my weapon of choice.

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So if the two of us are in our way home from somewhere and stop at Tesco one of us should sit in the car and the other goes in with the daughter to shop?

Indeed.  Still the last 24 hours has confirmed that the average P&Ber is an oompa loompa who likes to saunter around Tesco with three generations of his family as it's a great day out.

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So if the two of us are in our way home from somewhere and stop at Tesco one of us should sit in the car and the other goes in with the daughter to shop? Away you go, ya nutter!

Yip. Stay in the car. Why would you want to all shop? Tell them what you want, send them on their way and get the tunes/football on the tranny. 

Eta. It soon occurred to me that joining a debate using the word tranny is a risky one.

Edited by HenryHill

Took the wee man to See Woo Chinese supermarket for a change. Show him all the spices and exotic fruit/ veg. The main event is the lesser seen foodstuffs like chicken feet, live razor clams, eels, crabs and lobster.

Oh and of course frozen pigs fanny.

63e4be675a057cab664c75c28fa9be03.jpg

Cracking day out, if you can handle questions like "What is a Uteri ?" - Which of course was handed over to my wife.

59 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  Still the last 24 hours has confirmed that the average P&Ber is an oompa loompa who likes to saunter around Tesco with three generations of his family as it's a great day out.

Poll required, but,

How is the average calculated?

4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

The screaming four-kids-shat-out-in-three-years ned broods are bad enough, but my real hatred is reserved for the middle-class couples who think a crowded rail carriage will find the sight and sound of Tobias and Poppy expressing themselves as enchanting as they evidently do.

Hugo's maw was the inspiration for that post.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What if they are on their way to/from somewhere? I've seen me and Mrs B int he shop with baby B. In no way do I consider it leisure, yet it has happened due to circumstance.

I imagine if someone called me a c**t because of this then an offer of a duel would have to be made...

Unless it was @Shandon Par as he'd probably hand your arse to you again....

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

It's all relevant to the impedance to the gin aisle.

Sake, Zen.  That nice Mr Tesco delivers my messages, inc bottles of Tanquery No 10, right to my front door.  So supermarkets exist purely for when you need 50g of Golden Virginia or have an oyster mushroom crisis.  Oh and don't get me started on the cnuts who clog the 'customer service' bit asking for 13 duff lottery tickets to get checked.

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Like it or not, shopping is a leisure activity (and has been for a long time).

I take exception to those parents who pick some sweets from the shelf and open them to keep their weans happy. Those people are knobs.

Hang your head in shame. That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen on P&B - and I remember the Octopus Women.

I take your unruly families shopping and raise you to Morrison's on King St in Aberdeen.

I like Morrison's but hate that Morrison's. Middle of student land. Try visiting in evening and it has

Aisles blocked by 4 pals each with a trolley with about 2 items in each as they chat about the new series of Game of Thrones and how Random their weekends are.

Idiots holding their phones in front of their face and having conversations for the World to hear.

Idiots texting and pushing trolleys as the crash into everything within 10 metres

Idiots at checkouts trying to use the self scan as they simultaneously chat to their pal in the queue behind them in a 3 way chat with however is in the end of the phone tucked at their ear and their handbag balanced at their elbow and wondering how they struggling to scan while doing all this.

Why is it only US universities that have mass shootings to thin out some if these loud, self important boring Twats