Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I can't see any pictures posted on here. Anyone else get this?

19qos.... Has posted an absolute belter of a pic mate, pity you can't see it.

Big sheets hanging from buildings, bridges, at roundabouts, etc, with a message painted on them wishing someone a happy birthday or something. Quite amusing when it first started but now just lacking in imagination. There was one at a roundabout in Dumfries a couple of years ago which was a bit different, it read "Joe Bloggs"  Cheat, You're Dumped". with the cheated- on's name at the bottom. The cheaters name wasn't Joe Bloggs, I can't remember the actual name on it. That's more like what these public notifications should be like though. 

Big sheets hanging from buildings, bridges, at roundabouts, etc, with a message painted on them wishing someone a happy birthday or something. Quite amusing when it first started but now just lacking in imagination. There was one at a roundabout in Dumfries a couple of years ago which was a bit different, it read "Joe Bloggs"  Cheat, You're Dumped". with the cheated- on's name at the bottom. The cheaters name wasn't Joe Bloggs, I can't remember the actual name on it. That's more like what these public notifications should be like though. 

The c***s who hang those things up never seem to be in a hurry to come back and take them down.

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

"Six down, four to go"

On 28/04/2017 at 12:43, throbber said:

I don't want to be liable if anything goes wrong so please don't attempt to fit yourself in there. Let me know how you get on with the bleach idea.

Spot on with the vinegar (not bleach...I thought you said vinegar originally!) and a wash at 90 degrees.  Anyway, it worked.  Well done!  I'd go to Mumsnet for more advice but I'm sure that I'd see too many things that I should "be awear" of.

As an aside, I decided to clear the trap at the bottom of the machine....and didn't replace it properly.  So, I had the kitchen flooded and the smell of vinegar for a day.  Luckily I passed the kitchen just as the water started skooshing out...still managed to leak into the flat downstairs though.  Still, I smell wonderful now and don't feel the need for a scourging.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

A group of men just applauded at the full time whistle while watching the Liverpool game.

I'm in a hotel bar in London. They are American. Arseholes.

Are any of them called Tony? Asking for a friend.

On 2017-4-29 at 09:23, Hillonearth said:

Had one earlier this week when three or four English punters - clearly visitors to the building - got in the lift and carried on their conversation at annoyingly loud volume while blocking the floor buttons:

"Five, please..."

"BLAH, BLAH..."

"Could you press five?"

"BLAH, BLAH..."

Eventually a guy I know - big unit - physically lifted one of them out the way in order to hit the other floors. Not a peep from them after that...

Welcome to Glasgow.

To be fair maybe they didn't understand what you were asking.

Tried to set up a football team at work after getting an email inviting me to join a league. Joined provisionally while trying to get players but after reading T&Cs saying I'd be liable to pay the full money (£126 a game) if we missed any, I emailed to pull out. With the first game tomorrow they emailed me claiming I now owe the match fee for tomorrow, a joining deposit (which I haven't paid) and a cancellation fee equalling £250-300. They have nothing other than my email, but it's annoying now having to go back and forth to debate with them that I won't be paying.

Tried to set up a football team at work after getting an email inviting me to join a league. Joined provisionally while trying to get players but after reading T&Cs saying I'd be liable to pay the full money (£126 a game) if we missed any, I emailed to pull out. With the first game tomorrow they emailed me claiming I now owe the match fee for tomorrow, a joining deposit (which I haven't paid) and a cancellation fee equalling £250-300. They have nothing other than my email, but it's annoying now having to go back and forth to debate with them that I won't be paying.

Is this soccersixes by any chance?