Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Recently moved into a new flat so having to go through the standard broadband/energy/whateverthefuckelse pain in the arse that goes along with moving.

Opted for Sky's Unlimited Broadband, which was supposed to be activated at some point tomorrow (some nonsense about needing an engineer round to do some shit). I'd originally asked for an afternoon time slot because I have an exam in the morning. All very well. Afternoon time slot is confirmed. Then a text message tells me it's now tomorrow morning, which I can't do. Phone them up, asking very nicely to change it back to the afternoon slot. "Can't do that now, next available date is May 19th".

Waited just over two weeks for the first date, now they've shafted me and given me another two week waiting period. Still, at least I'll be able to shift through the pile of books I've had waiting to be read since Christmas 2014.

klopp-rage.gif

BT are arseholes as well, having another dispute with them just now. I had no trouble with virgin when I was with them so we may switch to them if this dispute isn't resolved.

BT seem to be going the way of energy companies with their billing, which since they changed it last month requires a degree in cryptography to decipher. It used to be itemised into line rental, broadband, calls & TV package. Now ours has 13 different items, most of which are credits/refunds which they list first. They give you a refund for something which you've already pre-paid for the year, then add the fee in further down so the net is zero. Totally pointless.

It reminds me of David Cameron's energy revolution intended to make bills & tariffs easier to understand, which actually resulted in our bills becoming unintelligible and going up by 900% due to the mandatory standing charge.

Tried to set up a football team at work after getting an email inviting me to join a league. Joined provisionally while trying to get players but after reading T&Cs saying I'd be liable to pay the full money (£126 a game) if we missed any, I emailed to pull out. With the first game tomorrow they emailed me claiming I now owe the match fee for tomorrow, a joining deposit (which I haven't paid) and a cancellation fee equalling £250-300. They have nothing other than my email, but it's annoying now having to go back and forth to debate with them that I won't be paying.

I believe the closing argument you're looking for is "f**k off"

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Tried to set up a football team at work after getting an email inviting me to join a league. Joined provisionally while trying to get players but after reading T&Cs saying I'd be liable to pay the full money (£126 a game) if we missed any, I emailed to pull out. With the first game tomorrow they emailed me claiming I now owe the match fee for tomorrow, a joining deposit (which I haven't paid) and a cancellation fee equalling £250-300. They have nothing other than my email, but it's annoying now having to go back and forth to debate with them that I won't be paying.

Tell them if you get any more harassment, then you will be taking legal advice.

Nah, power play.

Ah right, I had an issue with soccersixes before when we ended up playing the same team 5 weeks in a row because of others not turning up. I told the guy that I wasn't paying for anymore games against the same team and he then tried to say if I wanted to pull out of the league I had to pay some ridiculous amount, to which he was kindly to told to f**k off.

18 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Was this league based in Nigeria by any chance?

Many years ago I'd notice the odd grey hair on my head and would yank it out. Then it got to the stage that there were too many to worry about and I just accept my brown with the odd grey speck napper, Then I'd start getting the odd grey ear or nose hair. I'd quite enjoy yanking them out as they were generally longer and thicker than the others. This morning I had a long grey chest hair. I should just check myself in to the glue factory. Definitely on the slow road to death now. Turn 40 next year too.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Many years ago I'd notice the odd grey hair on my head and would yank it out. Then it got to the stage that there were too many to worry about and I just accept my brown with the odd grey speck napper, Then I'd start getting the odd grey ear or nose hair. I'd quite enjoy yanking them out as they were generally longer and thicker than the others. This morning I had a long grey chest hair. I should just check myself in to the glue factory. Definitely on the slow road to death now. Turn 40 next year too.

Watching Dunfermline will do that to you.

I turned 40 today, I feel your pain. Grey hairs everywhere (well, except downstairs)

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I used to try and get rid of them, but as my hair is very slowly falling out, i reckon I need to keep as many as possible.

Haven't noticed any round the boys yet, though.