Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Americans who pronounce 'Craig' incorrectly.

Daniel "Kreg"

Graham - "Gram"
Scotland - "Scatland"

The latter is especially annoying, as there used to be a website called Scatland. Not sure what it was about, but I'm told it had nothing to do with Scotland.

Some w****r down south wants to return a ps1 game I've sold on ebay because I've sold it in "excellent" condition but it was a little laser scratch. It's fucking 20 years old and it IS in excellent condition, I'm tempted to give him utter dogs abuse back.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Some w****r down south wants to return a ps1 game I've sold on ebay because I've sold it in "excellent" condition but it was a little laser scratch. It's fucking 20 years old and it IS in excellent condition, I'm tempted to give him utter dogs abuse back.

I'm guessing we could have an entire thread on eBay fannies.

Unrelated, but here's a picture of a lovely yellow dress sold on eBay:

E8IcTk8.jpg

10 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

She's a wid though so I'm ok with that.

Anyway, need to book any travel for work through one of those shitty 3rd party "travel agency" places. Emailed them 3 (three) days ago to get a quote for a specific flight in September (Flybe to verybusyLondon) at a time which means a can get down there for a few pints with a pal in before going to see my verybusysister. 

Email came back today with the quote, (£40 more expansive than doing it myself) along with quote 2 which was nearly 2 hours later leaving Edinburgh (hence negating the pint age possibilities) and a 50 minutes later coming back. Plus it was nearly £100 more expensive.

And the c**t emailing me had the temerity to say "quote 2 represents excellent value and I would recommend booking this flight".

Shut the f**k up, Ben and book the flight I asked you robbing cuntbasket.

I cannot stand our corporate booking company. Having not used it for years, I tried again recently as there had been a switchover and I was assured things were much better. In 5 minutes on expedia I got way better times flights and a far nicer hotel, all for less money, than these charlatans were wanting.

I hope they all die.

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

I always wonder, are these things accidental or is this how some folk get their kicks?

This particular lassie's one was supposedly accidental, but considering how she put herself about in the press afterwards...

It's normally fat, middle-aged hairy blokes called Dave who just get a kick out of random strangers 'accidentally' seeing their flaccid wiener, although there's a bizarre off-shoot of this where eBayers get their busty girlfriends to hold the item being sold near their cleavage when taking the pictures. Apparently there's evidence that it increases the views, number of bids, and the final value it sells for.

I can confirm that putting words like 'nude', 'boobs', or 'lesbian' in the item title makes a big difference to the number of views, even if you're just selling a DVD of Calendar Girls. People are strange.

This particular lassie's one was supposedly accidental, but considering how she put herself about in the press afterwards...
It's normally fat, middle-aged hairy blokes called Dave who just get a kick out of random strangers 'accidentally' seeing their flaccid wiener, although there's a bizarre off-shoot of this where eBayers get their busty girlfriends to hold the item being sold near their cleavage when taking the pictures. Apparently there's evidence that it increases the views, number of bids, and the final value it sells for.
I can confirm that putting words like 'nude', 'boobs', or 'lesbian' in the item title makes a big difference to the number of views, even if you're just selling a DVD of Calendar Girls. People are strange.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I reckon it's deliberate.

Selling stuff on ebay is horrible.

I sold an old book for £1. The guy said it never came and could he get his £1 plus postage back.
Being a nice guy I did return his money so I was out a book, the guy's postage money and the shitty eBay fees.
Cost me the best part of £10 to lose a book.

Never again. I'd rather just f**k all my shit in the bin rather than faff about with eBay.

Aye this c**t is kicking off because the game i sent has a little bit of laser damage but the fact I labeled it "Excellent condition" is enough for this absolute fucking jazz boy to want his money back. Is Shrewsbury a posh place? It sounds like it. It's first to go when I get the nucleur launch codes.

Don't get me started on Fucking ebay. Bought an adidas jacket off someone in the West Midlands on the 30th of June, was given a delivery date of the 6th of July. Kept getting told it would be here soon, or here tommorow, the usual spiel. Messaged the seller on Monday, he told me would contact the post office, and if it wasn't here by Wednesday he'd refund me, plus a few extra quid for the hassle. I'm still Fucking waiting.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Selling stuff on ebay is horrible.

I sold an old book for £1. The guy said it never came and could he get his £1 plus postage back.
Being a nice guy I did return his money so I was out a book, the guy's postage money and the shitty eBay fees.
Cost me the best part of £10 to lose a book.

Never again. I'd rather just f**k all my shit in the bin rather than faff about with eBay.

For UK-based eBayers, a Certificate of Posting from the Post Office followed by a claim to the Royal Mail works. Never had a problem getting my money back from them. I take it that USPS aren't great at that kind of thing?

I'd offer to get the BHF to pick up all your old stuff, but I think SanFran may be a little out of our jurisdiction  :lol:

Aye this c**t is kicking off because the game i sent has a little bit of laser damage but the fact I labeled it "Excellent condition" is enough for this absolute fucking jazz boy to want his money back. Is Shrewsbury a posh place? It sounds like it. It's first to go when I get the nucleur launch codes.

If it's even a bit damaged, you lied by saying it was in excellent condition.