Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

...fucking people who reply to emails with an entirely different subject matter to the original, but who are too fucking lazy to change the message title - if you do this, you are a cünt of the highest order and need to be kicked to death, and then to have shit forced in to your mouth though what's left of your broken, bleeding teeth, and have your fingers snapped off and pushed up your arsehole just to ensure that you are no longer able to use a keyboard in the afterlife and bother me with your shitey, misleadingly-titled, fuckwit messages from beyond the grave 

Do you like cheese? I love cheese, especially in a sandwich

...fucking people who reply to emails with an entirely different subject matter to the original, but who are too fucking lazy to change the message title - if you do this, you are a cünt of the highest order and need to be kicked to death, and then to have shit forced in to your mouth though what's left of your broken, bleeding teeth, and have your fingers snapped off and pushed up your arsehole just to ensure that you are no longer able to use a keyboard in the afterlife and bother me with your shitey, misleadingly-titled, fuckwit messages from beyond the grave 

Aye, totally agree. Cheese is teckle.

4 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

cheese is great - strong cheddar in particular, shropshire blue (over the festive season) and - lately - Italian taleggio, which is astoundingly good in home made chicken kievs, of sorts (parsley - chopped bacon - fucking lovely)

marvellous stuff, cheese - non-email message title amending co-workers, however, are cünts..

good work, by the way 8)..

Edited by Herman Hessian

Or when you're part of a large mail list and somebody decides to go off on some tangent that doesn't concern you in the slightest, with anyone concerned replying to all. The result is you ending up with twenty emails about some meal you won't be attending,or whatever.

WhatsApp is notably bad for this. I must have a pub thread hundreds of posts long that gets polluted with cycling talk.

Stuart: Pub on Wednesday anyone?
John: Aye, works for me.
Bob: I can't make Wednesday, got cycling.
Jim: Wednesday is fine, but I can do Thursday as well.
Alan: Can't do Wednesday or Thursday.
Gary: You cycling up Tyrebagger on Wednesday Michael?
Michael: No, Kirkhill, want to join?
Gary: Aye, could do. You going to that race on Sunday too?
Michael: Yeah both.
Sarah: I can make pub on Wednesday, but only after 8 due to work.
Gary: What time is the Sunday Race?
Michael: Starts at 11. Dunno when it finishes.
Gary: Hmmm, I'm meeting my mum at 5, dunno if I'll make it all.
Jim: Can we make it a day we're all free? How about Monday?
Derek: I can do Wednesday. Thursday and Monday are out.
Jim: Shall we just leave it until next week then?
Michael: I'm possibly heading offshore next week.
Gary: Looks like I'll be cycling on my lonesome that night (sad face)
Michael: Sorry bud.
Sarah: I'm on holiday most of next week.
Gary: where you off to?
Sarah: Czech Republic.
Gary: Cool, I was there last year.
Sarah: Where'd you go?
Gary: Prague and then on to Brno.
Sarah: We're just planning on Prague, but might go to Austria if we have time.
Laura: Vienna is beautiful, you should go if you get the chance.

... needless to say, no pub meet happens.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Or when you're part of a large mail list and somebody decides to go off on some tangent that doesn't concern you in the slightest, with anyone concerned replying to all. The result is you ending up with twenty emails about some meal you won't be attending,or whatever.

WhatsApp is notably bad for this. I must have a pub thread hundreds of posts long that gets polluted with cycling talk.

Stuart: Pub on Wednesday anyone?
John: Aye, works for me.
Bob: I can't make Wednesday, got cycling.
Jim: Wednesday is fine, but I can do Thursday as well.
Alan: Can't do Wednesday or Thursday.
Gary: You cycling up Tyrebagger on Wednesday Michael?
Michael: No, Kirkhill, want to join?
Gary: Aye, could do. You going to that race on Sunday too?
Michael: Yeah both.
Sarah: I can make pub on Wednesday, but only after 8 due to work.
Gary: What time is the Sunday Race?
Michael: Starts at 11. Dunno when it finishes.
Gary: Hmmm, I'm meeting my mum at 5, dunno if I'll make it all.
Jim: Can we make it a day we're all free? How about Monday?
Derek: I can do Wednesday. Thursday and Monday are out.
Jim: Shall we just leave it until next week then?
Michael: I'm possibly heading offshore next week.
Gary: Looks like I'll be cycling on my lonesome that night (sad face)
Michael: Sorry bud.
Sarah: I'm on holiday most of next week.
Gary: where you off to?
Sarah: Czech Republic.
Gary: Cool, I was there last year.
Sarah: Where'd you go?
Gary: Prague and then on to Brno.
Sarah: We're just planning on Prague, but might go to Austria if we have time.
Laura: Vienna is beautiful, you should go if you get the chance.

... needless to say, no pub meet happens.

I don't think it's Whatsapp that's the problem, I think it's your friends. Pub on Wednesday should be met with the answer Yes, or No (if you're OFTW) and nothing else.

Simple.

Folk on social media the now that are just posting stuff like 'f**k TRUMP AND NAZIS!' apropos of nothing.

Was none the wiser about the ills of nazi doctrine until Stephanie, 17, from Bellshill posted a tweet saying that Nazis are bad.

Folk on social media the now that are just posting stuff like 'f**k TRUMP AND NAZIS!' apropos of nothing.
Was none the wiser about the ills of nazi doctrine until Stephanie, 17, from Bellshill posted a tweet saying that Nazis are bad.

It's not apropos of nothing though, is it? The President of the USA has literally come down on the side of the extreme right wing, which just murdered a woman for protesting against their heinous intent. He equated peaceful protestors to armed militia, and intimated they were equally responsible. "f**k Trump and Nazis" is as informed and pertinent political commentary as you'll find. Simply because they post on Facebook and don't use political jargon, doesn't invalidate their point of view at all. It just shows that common decency outweighs trolling and racism across all walks of life.