Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

There is no difference between the schools in Arbroath, the Academy covers one half, the High School the other, the country schools went to whichever one they were closest to, as I went to a country school nearest the Academy I attended there

There definitely was.

Academy really was pretty tinky when I started going, on my first day I got shown about by a prefect wearing a rangers top and total 90s. School uniform was barely worn by anybody. People at the academy even used to call people at the High posh. [emoji1]

In the 4 years I was there it slowly started changing, new rector came in, all the cunty kids got punted to Carnoustie, everyone started wearing full uniform and the school got a fortune spent on it with the external cladding and all the classrooms being upgraded. Massive change.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Where will you go if they do? How far will your 5p outrage take you?

My outrage is that normal plastic bags are handy - stuffing bags for life in the third drawer down will seem wrong.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There definitely was.

Academy really was pretty tinky when I started going, on my first day I got shown about by a prefect wearing a rangers top and total 90s. School uniform was barely worn by anybody. People at the academy even used to call people at the High posh. emoji1.png

In the 4 years I was there it slowly started changing, new rector came in, all the cunty kids got punted to Carnoustie, everyone started wearing full uniform and the school got a fortune spent on it with the external cladding and all the classrooms being upgraded. Massive change.

So what was Carnoustie like?

There definitely was.

Academy really was pretty tinky when I started going, on my first day I got shown about by a prefect wearing a rangers top and total 90s. School uniform was barely worn by anybody. People at the academy even used to call people at the High posh. [emoji1]

Remember we attended probably 30 years apart when I started the Academy two-thirds of it was barely fifteen years old and one block about five years old and the High School was, in the old buildings opposite the college, before it had a fortune spent on it and annexed to the college, as for the kids, there was a******s at the High School and remember put an a******e in a uniform it only makes them a better dressed a******e

Why didn't you lie? 

I didn't realise they were going to care so much about it. They asked me what sports I liked (despite the position having nothing to do with sport) I said football mainly but I like cricket and football too. They asked me loads of questions about cricket, then said 'and hockey?' I replied that I had never played it. 'Never?'

'Well maybe a bit in PE at school but I can't really remember'

'Oh, well we play a lot of hockey here.'

And from then on the interview went very badly.

11 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I had a job interview at the Edinhurgh Academy once. Before the interview the receptionist was showing me this giant wooden spoon thing that apparently gets used for a sport that is exclusively played at the Edinburgh Academy. The aforementioned spoon had notches on it which apparently traditionally students would etch into it every time they were given the cane, as the teachers, in an attempt at humiliating the students as much as possible, would cane them with their own spoon. This practice apparently continued until after corporal punishment was prohibited in state schools as apparently private schools had an exemption. The person telling me this said it with genuine pride in her voice.

I didn't get the job.

If you simply assume that anyone that went to Edinburgh Academy is a w****r then it saves a lot of time. You'll occasionally be wrong but not often enough to worry about.

Wrong thread perhaps but.....

On my first day at high school, in the music class, the teacher asked if anyone could play a musical instrument. I put my hand up and proudly announced I could play the mouth organ. "Stupid boy", said teacher, in perfect Mainwaring tones, " I'll ask the question again, "Can anyone play a proper musical instrument"?

That event left me a little traumatised and there was no counselling in these days. It also earned me the nickname "Moothie John" 

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wrong thread perhaps but.....

On my first day at high school, in the music class, the teacher asked if anyone could play a musical instrument. I put my hand up and proudly announced I could play the mouth organ. "Stupid boy", said teacher, in perfect Mainwaring tones, " I'll ask the question again, "Can anyone play a proper musical instrument"?

That event left me a little traumatised and there was no counselling in these days. It also earned me the nickname "Moothie John" 

Course it did.;)

...fucking people who reply to emails with an entirely different subject matter to the original, but who are too fucking lazy to change the message title - if you do this, you are a cünt of the highest order and need to be kicked to death, and then to have shit forced in to your mouth though what's left of your broken, bleeding teeth, and have your fingers snapped off and pushed up your arsehole just to ensure that you are no longer able to use a keyboard in the afterlife and bother me with your shitey, misleadingly-titled, fuckwit messages from beyond the grave