Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When you go to the cash machine and you get three options -

1. View balance

2. View balance and cash withdrawal

3. Cash withdrawal

Press the third option to withdraw cash and before it asks how much cash you would like to withdraw, it asks if you would like to view your balance. Surely if I wanted to do this, I’d press the second option?

34 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

When you go to the cash machine and you get three options -

1. View balance

2. View balance and cash withdrawal

3. Cash withdrawal

Press the third option to withdraw cash and before it asks how much cash you would like to withdraw, it asks if you would like to view your balance. Surely if I wanted to do this, I’d press the second option?

.....and Cash or cash with receipt?

Cash - would you like a receipt?

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Looks like the wife is losing her job due to Edinburgh council and their fucking stupid absence procedures.

Why leave a post so vague? Is it so that people come on here and say "that's shite philpy, what happened?" because if it is, I'm not giving you the satisfaction.

Why leave a post so vague? Is it so that people come on here and say "that's shite philpy, what happened?" because if it is, I'm not giving you the satisfaction.
Should have elaborated more, aye. Basically over the last 5 years, she's had a foot operation, and a knee operation, both of which she had to obviously take time off for. She was put on two absence displinary procedures on both occasions. The latter was a case of if she went 6 months without being off the second one would be wiped off. They extended it to a year, she had 3 days off in that period, and has just went back from a week off to due to a very nasty chest infection. This has ended up going to a stage 3 meeting, which could mean dismissal.

10 minutes ago, philpy said:
21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Should have elaborated more, aye. Basically over the last 5 years, she's had a foot operation, and a knee operation, both of which she had to obviously take time off for. She was put on two absence displinary procedures on both occasions. The latter was a case of if she went 6 months without being off the second one would be wiped off. They extended it to a year, she had 3 days off in that period, and has just went back from a week off to due to a very nasty chest infection. This has ended up going to a stage 3 meeting, which could mean dismissal.

Hope she's in a union and getting represented.

13 minutes ago, philpy said:
24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What was the reasoning for extending the first period to a year?

It just fucks me off that they can punish someone for having to go in for surgery then have to take time to recover from it.

Philpy, it’s been a while since I last looked at anything HR related but you definitely can’t sack someone for being ill/injured. I’d be getting a hold of someone working in HR, passing them the details and see what they say. Sounds worth taking to a tribunal to me from what you’ve said.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That pitch needs an iron (on the reverse side obviously).

It's my brothers. He got it for Christmas from his in laws. I'll get him telt.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

If it's a Premiership game, yes, but if it's lower league then it's quite accurate.

If you'd seen us play, it was probably Lowland league standard!

57 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Philpy, it’s been a while since I last looked at anything HR related but you definitely can’t sack someone for being ill/injured. I’d be getting a hold of someone working in HR, passing them the details and see what they say. Sounds worth taking to a tribunal to me from what you’ve said.

It's not that simple - you can sack someone for being absent but there are a lot of hoops to jump through.  No idea if there is enough to go to a tribunal but certainly worth talking to a Union Rep if a member or getting advice elsewhere.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

If what he's said is 100% true, then should have nothing to worry about as you'd win a tribunal fairly easily. Whether that is the case or not who knows.