Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Sprinkling Parmesan over lasagne before cooking it is not a secret. It's part of how you make lasagne. 

Pish. It's grated cheese over the top, then a sprinkling of parmesan.

Some chicken livers blended up then mixed in the sauce is a secret lasagne ingredient. Not many, just 5 or 6 in a huge pot. But it makes a crazy meaty difference. Plus I like chicken liver, so it means I have a bunch left over to have on toast with a garlic cream.

Top tip folks, and frugal too.

This is the best possible reply to Baracus' wee cook school there I think.  
This whole episode has amused me.

Eta my secret recipe for a frugal lunchtime lasagne is to use Warburtons toastie instead of pasta, and butter and jam (raspberry) instead of mince/sauce.

Hope this helps.

I think that settled the big issue at hand

So a new set of life for NJ2. Just don't post pictures of yer new meals. Keep that for Facebook

I’m going to make a conscious effort to bring lunches to work for 4 weeks of February, starting w/c Mon 5th Feb. If I notice a difference to the bank account and I’m not utterly fed up of life I may continue in to March. I assume I’ll give up after a few days. Updates to follow.

What do you buy in Mcdonalds that costs over £5? 2 double cheeseburgers and a drink is about £3.

£4 for that. A wee bit more if you get a large drink. It's utterly ridiculous how much they charge for that shite. It used to be cheap and cheerful but that's certainly not the case anymore.

Instead of £5 a day turn it into £5 a week by taking in a tin of soup and microwaving it. That's a saving of about a grand every year.

At the end of the year I decided to see how much I'd spent on takeaways last year. I included lunch at work as well. It was only the total that showed on my bank statements, not the times I paid with cash or the including the times my mrs would pay for it and the total was around £1100. I was actually disgusted I'd spent that much. We never had a kitchen for a month or so but even so that was shocking. I'm down to one takeaway a week now and have started taking food to work. It's two weeks to payday and I'm sitting pretty comfy financially for a change. It's far too easy to get lazy and just order from JustEat.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This is the best possible reply to Baracus' wee cook school there I think.

This whole episode has amused me.

Eta my secret recipe for a frugal lunchtime lasagne is to use Warburtons toastie instead of pasta, and butter and jam (raspberry) instead of mince/sauce.

Hope this helps.

Your mum likes my cooking

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Your mum likes my cooking

That must be nice. I could swear your mum just humours my cooking so that il rattle her.....

Probably. I doubt she'd be able to taste it that much since she'd be pished as usual.

Your mum appreciates my culinary skills before I make sweet love to her.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Probably. I doubt she'd be able to taste it that much since she'd be pished as usual.
Your mum appreciates my culinary skills before I make sweet love to her.

Stellaboz Pmd me and said yer lasagne is shite

No he didn't.

Stop lying. Why are you lying?