Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Just tried on my best suit that I got 3 and a half years ago. Not a fucking chance I'll fit into it unless I really get off my arse and do something about it. I knew I'd piled on a couple of stone in the last year or two but that was a real slap in the puss.

How long until the trial?

Just tried on my best suit that I got 3 and a half years ago. Not a fucking chance I'll fit into it unless I really get off my arse and do something about it. I knew I'd piled on a couple of stone in the last year or two but that was a real slap in the puss.

Fatty

Ignoring the HUGE fact the Black Friday is not a thing in the UK, seeing as it is the Friday after Thanksgiving ( a stupid Yank holiday),

The number of TV and radio ads for Black Friday Sales that are lasting  'ALL WEEKEND' or '5 DAYS' or 'A FORTNIGHT' or '48 HOURS'.

Friday is still just one day lasting 24hours ?

Edited by MEADOWXI

18 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Susan Calman - how many sh1te shows can one woman present/be in involved in?

"The Boss" was one of the worst quiz shows I have ever seen, (and I've seen a few), and now she brings us, "Armchair Detectives". Televisual purgatory.

She is terrible, I appreciate humour is a subjective thing but she offers absoloutely nothing and is always the crappest thing about The News Quiz. The journalists they get on that show tend to be funnier than her. 

14 hours ago, smpar said:

Set yourself a goal of losing 1 stone by christmas.  

19 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Susan Calman - how many sh1te shows can one woman present/be in involved in?

"The Boss" was one of the worst quiz shows I have ever seen, (and I've seen a few), and now she brings us, "Armchair Detectives". Televisual purgatory.

32 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

She is terrible, I appreciate humour is a subjective thing but she offers absoloutely nothing and is always the crappest thing about The News Quiz. The journalists they get on that show tend to be funnier than her. 

As with many things for comedians the backgrounds matter more than the material,

Calman - Short, obese, lesbian Scot

For the same reason would Shappi Khorsandi get as much time for her unfunny comedy if she wasn't an Iranian lesbian, and ticking some nice minority quota boxes.

And as for Gina Yashere - If every 2nd sentence didn't include the word Nigerian would she be infecting out airwaves with her tortuous comedy performances.

4 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

As with many things for comedians the backgrounds matter more than the material,

For the same reason would Shappi Khorsandi get as much time for her unfunny comedy if she wasn't an Iranian lesbian, and ticking some nice minority quota boxes.

And as for Gina Yashere - If every 2nd sentence didn't include the word Nigerian would she be infecting out airwaves with her tortuous comedy performances.

Gina Yashere is fucking awful and annoying too. I had to turn off an episode of Dara O'Briain Goes 8 Bit  that she was on because I couldn't stand another minute of her shouty unfunny pish.

C*nts that think it's acceptable to drive in the dark with sidelights and fog lights instead of headlights.

On the way back from Palmerston the other night there was a moron in front of me with no lights on. I lost count how many times I flashed my lights at him and figured he wasn't aware I was doing it until he indicated to pull over! He then decided against that and continued. A BUS passing in the opposite direction flashed his lights and this muppet still never clicked. He eventually put them on after numerous attempts. I'm talking nearly 5 minutes here.

How much of a fuckwit do you need to be? I think almost everyone will have drove off with their lights off but I thought it was a code of the road if someone is flashing you you instantly check your lights and chances are they are off or you've left full beam on. This guy hadn't a fucking clue!

The answer to the feminist question "What job can't a woman do that a man can?" is be a comedian.

My Mrs wanted tickets for Katherine Ryan for her Xmas so I'm going to see her. It's the first time I'll have seen a female comedian live and in all honesty is the only one who has come close to making me laugh. Even if she's shit it'll be good viewing for an hour :wub:

I saw Shapi Khorsandi at the Fringe

I’m pretty sure she’s not a lesbian.

But I’m absolutely certain she was shit.

The answer to the feminist question "What job can't a woman do that a man can?" is be a comedian.

This exactly. I'm all for equality and such but in general female comedians are just absolutely dreadful . I remember being at a Saturday night show at the stand and the headliner was an 'internationally acclaimed ' comedienne from new York on a world tour . It's the only time I have ever been at a packed out stand and literally been able to hear people sup their pints during a show. Descended I to her just telling at the audience after each joke saying ' come on that was funny ' ....

4 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

This exactly. I'm all for equality and such but in general female comedians are just absolutely dreadful . I remember being at a Saturday night show at the stand and the headliner was an 'internationally acclaimed ' comedienne from new York on a world tour . It's the only time I have ever been at a packed out stand and literally been able to hear people sup their pints during a show. Descended I to her just telling at the audience after each joke saying ' come on that was funny ' ....

it is amazing how unfunny 99.8% of them are