Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not winning football coupons. :angry:

Having been crap at them ever since I started, I've become pretty much accustomed to not winning on accumulators, but the manner of the one last night was terrible.

For £1.00 (a sensible stake given my track record with accumulators :rolleyes:;):( ) on three draws:

Werder Bremen vs Barcelona = 1-1 :thumsup2:D

Spartak Moscow vs Sporting Lisbon = 1-1 :thumsup2:D

Liverpool vs Galatasaray = 3-2. :(:angry::bairn

It would have been better if they'd been 3-0 up with 2 minutes left, you know it's over.

But for it to be 3-2 and for Galatasaray to throw everyhing but the kitchen sink (apparently ;):rolleyes: ) and not score is just aaaaaarrrrrrgghhhh!!!

:angry::angry::angry:

:bairn :bairn :bairn

Rant over. :angry:

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

The stupid tw*t in the custard yellow Megane (serves him right) who forced me to brake sharply by pulling straight in the fast lane as he came onto the K*llie bypass.

And subsequently overtook me just after I''d overtaken him :rolleyes:

Funny the number of blokes who suddenly feel the need to go faster cos their egos can't take being passed by a blonde wumman in a P reg Fiesta. Grow up boys.

Funny the number of blokes who suddenly feel the need to go faster cos their egos can't take being passed by a blonde wumman in a P reg Fiesta. Grow up boys.

But...someone might see and then we would be gay or something....... :o

Oh, wait....custard yellow Megane - already gay. :ph34r:

How much would you have won shakehands?

Would've been £38.00.

Before any moany person comes on and states it's not a fortune, I have the intelligence to realise this but it would have been a tidy return for a quid.

:lol::(:D;)

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Some company attempted to deliver my passport to me on friday. (They're called Special Mail Services or something.) Anyway, I obviously wasn't in due to work and things, so they put a wee note through my door asking me to call them to rearrange delivery. Fine. This is how conversation went:

ME: Hi, I'm phoning to get a delivery rearranged.

INCOMPETENT GUY ON PHONE: OK, what's the reference number.

ME: *gives reference number and confirms address and name*

IGOP: OK, when will you be in.

ME: Well, I usually get home from work around 6pm and work monday to friday.

IGOP: Hmm, that could be a problem as that is when we deliver.

ME: Well, how are you going to get this to me then?

IGOP: We could deliver it to your work.

ME: Grand.

IGOP: What's the postcode of your workplace?

ME: Erm, not sure. *hunts around for a bit* Can I not just give you the address?

IGOP: OK, we can try that, but I really need a postcode.

ME: *guessing* AB45 1EY

IGOP: No, that's not coming up on my system. And it's an AB postcode, but you live at IV

ME: Well, is it totally inconveivable that I work outside of my town?

IGOP: No, it just means we can't deliver to your work.

ME: Why?!

IGOP: Because it's in the depot in Inverness.

ME: And?

IGOP: Well, we'd have to deliver it to the Aberdeen depot for it to be delivered to your work.

ME: That's ridiculous, my work is closer to Inverness than it is to Aberdeen.

IGOP: That's the way my system works. Where are you in the country?

ME: In the north of Scotland.

IGOP: Is that near Glasgow?

ME: *lol* No, it's nowhere near Glasgow. It's about 4 and a half hours' drive north of Glasgow.

IGOP: Oh.

ME: *wtf* OK, so can my husband take delivery.

IGOP: Yes, as long as he can show some of your ID.

ME: No problem. When can you deliver? He comes home from work for his lunch for an hour, can you guarantee it'll be within a certain time?

IGOP: No, and we'd charge extra for that.

ME: So let me get this straight. You charge for a time delivery slot, yet you can't guarantee it'll get there in that time?

IGOP: Pretty much.

ME: OK.....

IGOP: We can deliver on a saturday if that's any use.

ME: Why didn't you just say that in the first place?! That'll be fine. Tomorrow?

IGOP: Oh no, you'd have had to have phoned before 4pm to get it re-delivered tomorrow.

ME: No doubt. Well, next week then? I'm going on holiday the sunday after that, so can you guarantee I'll get it then?

IGOP: Yes, sometime between 8am and 6pm.

ME: Great *rolleyes*

OK, so it's probably not the guy on the phone's fault, but he was a bit of a plank, especially when he asked if I was near Glasgow LOL, and he didn't go out of his way to help either. Arse.

/rant