Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, sjc said:

My wife has come home from work and invited the next door neighbours round for dinner.......which is fine as they're nice people and I've made enough BBQ pulled pork, rice and roast veg to feed an army but they've brought their own dinner.

Who fucking does that? 

Your reputation as a cook has clearly spread far and wide.

My wife has come home from work and invited the next door neighbours round for dinner.......which is fine as they're nice people and I've made enough BBQ pulled pork, rice and roast veg to feed an army but they've brought their own dinner.
Who fucking does that? 

Surely the food they brought is for sharing?

Guest Moomintroll
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have recently discovered that Nissin Soba are the king of the noodle pot world.

You are welcome.

Great adverts thread for this pish.

Guest Moomintroll
Having to get the dug put down, so that means a conversation with my 4 year old about what death is.
Doesn't matter how old I get, I always feel bad when somebody has to say goodbye to a pet. Just be honest with the wee one and help them to remember the fun times.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Having to get the dug put down, so that means a conversation with my 4 year old about what death is.

You just don't know how they'll take it at that age. He might surprise you with how well he takes it. Not an easy task for you but kids can be pretty matter of fact about death. 

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

I wasn't much older than 4 when my older sisters taught me this. My parents were appalled. Think there were more verses.

Have you ever thought
While lying in bed
That one fine day
You're going to be DEAD?

The worms crawl in 
The worms crawl out
They crawl in thin
And they crawl OUT STOUT!

Some wee dick bought a jacket off me on depop and a couple hours later is now asking for a refund as he has too many jackets. So fucking annoying as I now need to go into PayPal, add a bank card and then put the extra money into my PayPal account. Then I need to provide all the evidence of the refund to depop to get my sellers fee back which will no doubt take a few days. Little p***k. I'm considering just sending him the jacket tbh.

13 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Some wee dick bought a jacket off me on depop and a couple hours later is now asking for a refund as he has too many jackets. So fucking annoying as I now need to go into PayPal, add a bank card and then put the extra money into my PayPal account. Then I need to provide all the evidence of the refund to depop to get my sellers fee back which will no doubt take a few days. Little p***k. I'm considering just sending him the jacket tbh.

Tell him you’ve already sent it and don’t accept returns. Problem solved :) 

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have recently discovered that Nissin Soba are the king of the noodle pot world.

You are welcome.

They are indeed! I'm sure that someone from the Nissin family recently married into the Emperors family too.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Koka spicy or die.

Ones for the watching, thats who.

(what did they bring, out of interest?)

They brought fried red snapper. It was nice to be fair.

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Eat their dinner and yours. That'll learn 'em.

We did!

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Your reputation as a cook has clearly spread far and wide.

My cooking is nothing short of sensational I'll have you know! 

The pulled pork went down a storm.

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Surely the food they brought is for sharing?

Yes they did in fairness. 

4 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I always think this is a good reason for kids having a pet as it's one of the life lessons they can learn from it. Granted it's not a nice situation but its a better way to introduce them to the concept of dying than the death of a relative.

Sorry to hear about your dug BTW :(

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Tell him to sell it on Depop

That way when your shift gets cancelled at the last minute and instead of going to the pub you decide to fit the bathroom towel rail your wife was nagging after, and it takes you 2 hours traipsing round 3 different DIY shops to get all the kit including a half inch radiator allen key which must have some use for hydroponic cannabis growing or something as no bugger has any in stock, then you get home and cant find the drill, which takes two hours of tidying the loft and the shed to locate, then you decide you'd better put some dinner on for the wife coming home in a couple of hours, then it takes another hour or so to measure up and get the brackets in the right place, and you are dripping with sweat cos its bloody heavy and tiles are buggers to drill through, and right about 5 minutes before you are about to hang the blasted thing on the wall your wife saunters in from work and says..... 

"Oh have you just started?"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

21 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

That way when your shift gets cancelled at the last minute and instead of going to the pub you decide to fit the bathroom towel rail your wife was nagging after, and it takes you 2 hours traipsing round 3 different DIY shops to get all the kit including a half inch radiator allen key which must have some use for hydroponic cannabis growing or something as no bugger has any in stock, then you get home and cant find the drill, which takes two hours of tidying the loft and the shed to locate, then you decide you'd better put some dinner on for the wife coming home in a couple of hours, then it takes another hour or so to measure up and get the brackets in the right place, and you are dripping with sweat cos its bloody heavy and tiles are buggers to drill through, and right about 5 minutes before you are about to hang the blasted thing on the wall your wife saunters in from work and says..... 

You should have been better prepared 

22 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Somebody post Parklife.