Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
My missus's bank has a mad coin counter where ye just chuck everything in, it counts it for ye, and adds it directly to yer account. Well jealous.

what bank does this? i have boxes of silver and brown

The Royal Bank of Asda.

The big branches of RBS and NatWest have them. The one in Dunfermline and the big one near the ice rink in Kirkcaldy (but not the one on the High St AFAIK) have them. The Coinstars in Asda and Tesco take a percentage so aren't worth using unless you have a huge jar of coppers, are skint and want quick paper currency (and aren't an RBS or NatWest customer).

53 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My missus's bank has a mad coin counter where ye just chuck everything in, it counts it for ye, and adds it directly to yer account. Well jealous.

Mine used to do that but not any longer. The machine will still count the coins but it then prints out a receipt which you have to take to the cashier (which means waiting in a queue) and pay it in there.

Move to Australia. As well as drive-thru 'liquor stores',  every 'liquor store' has a walk-in fridge for beer. 
Noob. Liquor store may be what it says on the sign but in my 29 years here I've never heard anyone say that. Bottle shop or "bottlo" it is mate.

In Queensland a cold case of beer (a "slab") out of the fridge used to be more expensive than one at room temperature. That was annoying.

On 28/09/2018 at 06:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

Shandon Par getting dangerously close to throbber, sjc, BigFatTabbyDave and welshbairn in the Walter Mitty stakes here. 

Genuinely confused as to why I'm labelled in this post.

The drive-through Bottlo is indeed a wondrous thing, although it can go too far.

I used to work off the coast of Broome and would spend my weeks off in the town itself, with the place I tended to stay being a kind of hostel/ hotel/ bar complex thing that also included a drive-through bottle shop.

Unfortunately there was one week where the police had asked if the proprietors  could take some steps to stop supplying the native populace, who are particularly wild in Broome, with their beloved goon. The way they went about implementing this was by insisting that you had to drive through to buy your booze. Not having a car myself, I had to leave my room, walk past the bottle shop owned by the people who were essentially my landlords, and pace round the town desperately looking for a taxi to drive me back to the  drive-through. All so I could buy some cheap, shitey Australian beer. Well worth it.

16 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The drive-through Bottlo is indeed a wondrous thing, although it can go too far.

I used to work off the coast of Broome and would spend my weeks off in the town itself, with the place I tended to stay being a kind of hostel/ hotel/ bar complex thing that also included a drive-through bottle shop.

Unfortunately there was one week where the police had asked if the proprietors  could take some steps to stop supplying the native populace, who are particularly wild in Broome, with their beloved goon. The way they went about implementing this was by insisting that you had to drive through to buy your booze. Not having a car myself, I had to leave my room, walk past the bottle shop owned by the people who were essentially my landlords, and pace round the town desperately looking for a taxi to drive me back to the  drive-through. All so I could buy some cheap, shitey Australian beer. Well worth it.

^^^should have gone to Liquorland.

21 minutes ago, philpy said:
27 minutes ago, Rowan said:
Woodchip
Even more so woodchip on a ceiling.
Three saturdays of my life I’ll never get back!

^^^^ Jarvis Cocker

I’ve had that song stuck in my head all day!