Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The new P & B set up. I am a bit lost with the changes to everything that appear to have taken place.

My profile says 'Gender not Specified' :o and I can't seem to change it. <_<

For the record, please note - I am a BLOKE and I like the ladies! ;) B)

I shall hopefully, in time, become familiar with all the other alterations that seem to have taken place. :rolleyes:

Cancelled flights! :angry:<_<:(

Although it may mean I have a guest to stay tonight! :o:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nae luck :P

I made it eventually, albeit after a 5 hour wait in Victoria Coach Station. Luckily, my return was completely uneventful too. Nice talking to you though!

:lol: :lol: :lol:Nae luck :P

Nice talking to you though!

:o*Sighs bitterly'

Aye, good to speak to you too! :) Glad you got there safely eventually and back again. ;)

Happy New Year and feel free to drop in any time in the future if you're down in Weegieland again! ;)

What a day I had yesterday! :rolleyes:

Got up and we decided we needed a new sofa for our new house, so we were going to go to Aberdeen to Land of Leather, DFS etc for a look. About to get into Ryan's car and I said, we should take my car, I've got a full tank of petrol. So we get in my car, and the heating wasn't working properly, which was a bit strange. I fiddled about with it a bit and eventually it seemed to work ok. So we're driving along the road, and about 20 miles from Aberdeen this awful rattle starts up, and the boy behind me flashed his lights. I pulled off into a wee lane off the road and look under the car and there's something hanging off that must have been dragging along the ground and causing sparks. So, thinking it was my exhaust, I phoned the RAC and they came out. Turns out it was just the heat shield, which the guy pulled off and chucked into my boot and said it wouldn't affect the car. Fine. So we start off again, everything's going fine, 5 miles along the road I notice my temperature gauge is high as it gets. So I pull over to the side of the dual carriageway and pop the bonnet and there's steam everywhere! Then the police pull up behind me with flashing blue lights and I'm thinking, I hope Grandad doesn't drive past and see me with the police! :lol: Anyway, I told them what had happened and they said they were off to do a job but if I was still there when they get back, they'd give me a hand (what was wrong with giving me a hand there and then?). Anyway, I always carry a bottle of water in the boot, so I opened up the radiator and put the water into it. I let the engine cool down and started it up again. It seemed to be ok, but as soon as I started revving it up, the temperature shot up again. :( So for the second time in an hour, I phone the RAC. The boy came out and decided I need a new radiator, filled it up with more water and put some radweld into it to fill up wherever the water was leaking from, and the temperature managed to stay fairly regular for half an hour, so he told us to go home, take it easy and once we got home, drain the radiator, because there's no anti-freeze in it and the last thing I need is a frozen engine on top of a new radiator! We got home eventually, mucho pissed off, and we've still got no sofa! :angry:

So now trying to get a hold of a new radiator, but it's turning into a nightmare, because Dingbro can't decide what one it is, despite having the chassis number etc. GRRR! :angry:

Ah well, if you didnae laugh, you'd greet. :lol:

Computers! I have several albums saved on my computer and I have a box of 10 Memorex CD-R discs to save them on to so I can play them at home.

However, when I try to save them, the disc drive states 'Put a disc in'. Then when I try to save it via the Quick Time Music thingy via the 'Save to Device or CD' function, it states there's no device connected. But when I check the DVD Drive function it states that I do have write/delete authority but still refuses to let me copy the music file to disc! <_< Bugger!!!!! :angry:

Guest xbasslichtie

Im not sure how serious a nag this is, but for the first time in my life I saw a shooting star. I was walking the dog and its a beautiful clear night out there....and I saw it whooshing across the sky sparking out light as it flew.

Being of the superstitious type, I instantly made a wish, knowing from years of repeatedly watching moonwalker that it always comes true....so I made one of those soppy romantic wishes that you do when you really fancy someone. Unfortunately I said the wrong girls name. :angry: My one opportunity (I tried and failed with conventional methods), and the wrong girl came to mind! Bah!

Guest xbasslichtie
:lol: :lol:

S'alright for you....Im lovelorn and desperate, tried everything bar drugging (she found the bottle), thought shooting stars might do the trick. You can be a cruel woman sometimes you know. :P:ph34r:

What a day I had yesterday! :rolleyes:

Got up and we decided we needed a new sofa for our new house, so we were going to go to Aberdeen to Land of Leather, DFS etc for a look. About to get into Ryan's car and I said, we should take my car, I've got a full tank of petrol. So we get in my car, and the heating wasn't working properly, which was a bit strange. I fiddled about with it a bit and eventually it seemed to work ok. So we're driving along the road, and about 20 miles from Aberdeen this awful rattle starts up, and the boy behind me flashed his lights. I pulled off into a wee lane off the road and look under the car and there's something hanging off that must have been dragging along the ground and causing sparks. So, thinking it was my exhaust, I phoned the RAC and they came out. Turns out it was just the heat shield, which the guy pulled off and chucked into my boot and said it wouldn't affect the car. Fine. So we start off again, everything's going fine, 5 miles along the road I notice my temperature gauge is high as it gets. So I pull over to the side of the dual carriageway and pop the bonnet and there's steam everywhere! Then the police pull up behind me with flashing blue lights and I'm thinking, I hope Grandad doesn't drive past and see me with the police! :lol: Anyway, I told them what had happened and they said they were off to do a job but if I was still there when they get back, they'd give me a hand (what was wrong with giving me a hand there and then?). Anyway, I always carry a bottle of water in the boot, so I opened up the radiator and put the water into it. I let the engine cool down and started it up again. It seemed to be ok, but as soon as I started revving it up, the temperature shot up again. :( So for the second time in an hour, I phone the RAC. The boy came out and decided I need a new radiator, filled it up with more water and put some radweld into it to fill up wherever the water was leaking from, and the temperature managed to stay fairly regular for half an hour, so he told us to go home, take it easy and once we got home, drain the radiator, because there's no anti-freeze in it and the last thing I need is a frozen engine on top of a new radiator! We got home eventually, mucho pissed off, and we've still got no sofa! :angry:

So now trying to get a hold of a new radiator, but it's turning into a nightmare, because Dingbro can't decide what one it is, despite having the chassis number etc. GRRR! :angry:

Ah well, if you didnae laugh, you'd greet. :lol:

The moral of the story is don't go attempting to waste money on Sofas you don't need just because you're off work and bored! ;):P

Back to work tomorrow.

Also, got one of my suits back out the drycleaners. it's quite new and has only been in 3/4 times tops. Yet the trousers are shiny as f'k now. I take it that's them ruined? <_<

You only normally get that when you have been ironing then the right way around and not inside out.

Im not sure how serious a nag this is, but for the first time in my life I saw a shooting star. I was walking the dog and its a beautiful clear night out there....and I saw it whooshing across the sky sparking out light as it flew.

Being of the superstitious type, I instantly made a wish, knowing from years of repeatedly watching moonwalker that it always comes true....so I made one of those soppy romantic wishes that you do when you really fancy someone. Unfortunately I said the wrong girls name. :angry: My one opportunity (I tried and failed with conventional methods), and the wrong girl came to mind! Bah!

SOrry but :lol: :lol: :lol:

My nag is Lemsip. Remember those adverts for Lemsip where some burd would drink a mug of the stuff and act as though she thought it was lovely? What a kload of absolute pish, the stuff tastes like yaks piss after a yak stag night.

I also think that drinking it has given me severe stomach pains. Fucking Lemsip.

I have had a hell of a day at work.

First i knocked a $250 hemacytometer off the bench and it broke into tiny pieces. 1 half may be usable but the other half us fucked.

then walking from 1 building to another i tried to do everything in 1 trip, and i dropped a rack of test tubes. Thankfully nothing was in them but thats a small plus.

Due to that happening, i was held up for about 20 minutes and missed all of :- The canteen closing. The snack shop closing and the student centre food plaza thing closing. I had to have a McDonalds for something quick to eat as i was starving.

Thankfully it is nearly home time where i can go home and relax.

Bane of my life, that is.

You too :o

(although that is the first time since moving to this job i have caused something expensive (i.e. not just test tubes or glass plates) to break. Considering there have been $1000 quartz cuvettes broken i have done pretty good :D

Guest Tatty Boabie
Bane of my life, that is.

Me too, I'm on a final written warning. If one more hemacytometer gets even slightly damaged, I'll be down the Job Centre in Bathgate. :ph34r: