Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

If the 2 are linked, quit your job. No Oban move, and better job

If not, moving to Oban kinda solves the shit job problem.

If i quit my job, I'm kinda fcked, tbh.

I'm not qualified to do anything else, and if I don't get a training post next year then I won't be able to apply for a more half decent job.

It's not permanent though, is it? And it's hardly the other side of the world. It could be a fantastic opportunity. :) That's what I figured when the job in Germany came up and I'd do it again in a minute! :D

No, it's only for a year (initially, anyway).

But I've never lived more than 30 mins from Glasgow - it'd be a pretty big change.

Ach, hopefully it won't come to that

If i quit my job, I'm kinda fcked, tbh.

I'm not qualified to do anything else, and if I don't get a training post next year then I won't be able to apply for a more half decent job.

No, it's only for a year (initially, anyway).

But I've never lived more than 30 mins from Glasgow - it'd be a pretty big change.

Ach, hopefully it won't come to that

Don't worry about it! I moved 4 hours awy from home when I was 18 and never looked back!

You might enjout it :)

Boy, do I have a story for you.

There's this Jamaican woman called Mrs McLeod that comes into Tesco every Thursday. She comes in before I start at 6pm and guaranteed she's still there when I leave at 10pm. This particular Thursday, she spent FORTY minutes at the checkout, and people actually queued behind her for that long - which is almost more stupid than her taking that long. Then she came over to where we were standing and asked us to photocopy a lot of stuff for her whilst she had a seat. She is a total pain in the arse.

Twice I've seen her taken away by ambulance because she's spent so long in the ladies toilets she's fallen asleep and when woken up - and surrounded by people - she seems to think there is something wrong with her. If she's not asking for an ambulance, she's asking for a chair - no matter where she is, be it centre aisle, produce or the checkouts!

She talks about absolute nonsense, like I'm not saying that just because I'm not interested in anything she has to say, she actually talks nonsense. You can't understand what or why she's saying it to you! It's gotten to the point where most members of staff totally avoid her!

Boy, do I have a story for you.

There's this Jamaican woman called Mrs McLeod that comes into Tesco every Thursday. She comes in before I start at 6pm and guaranteed she's still there when I leave at 10pm. This particular Thursday, she spent FORTY minutes at the checkout, and people actually queued behind her for that long - which is almost more stupid than her taking that long. Then she came over to where we were standing and asked us to photocopy a lot of stuff for her whilst she had a seat. She is a total pain in the arse.

Twice I've seen her taken away by ambulance because she's spent so long in the ladies toilets she's fallen asleep and when woken up - and surrounded by people - she seems to think there is something wrong with her. If she's not asking for an ambulance, she's asking for a chair - no matter where she is, be it centre aisle, produce or the checkouts!

She talks about absolute nonsense, like I'm not saying that just because I'm not interested in anything she has to say, she actually talks nonsense. You can't understand what or why she's saying it to you! It's gotten to the point where most members of staff totally avoid her!

Never saw this before broxy highlighted it.

We used to have a woman EXACTLY like this (well, except not Jamaican) that came into the Pizza Hut in Falkirk High Street. She would never buy anything, but she would stay for ages just sitting in the takeaway area and all she would ask for was a cup of pepsi with added sugar (because obviously it's not sweet enough). Like the woman above she would spend ages in the toilets, too. We never saw much harm in her coming, she never caused much bother (so we thought). But eventually the manager at thetime had to ask her to leave and not come back because a few customers had complained about her lifting up her skirt and scratching her fanny. :lol:

Harsh, I thought.

People spelling my name wrong. Esp on msn when it's my SCREEN NAME!

That's nothing. In work this week, I've been called Andrew (correct), Drew (suppose, although never been called it before), Alan (there's an Alan in my team), Michael ( :blink: ) and Edward! :lol:

Guest XaaronPrimus
That's nothing. In work this week, I've been called Andrew (correct), Drew (suppose, although never been called it before), Alan (there's an Alan in my team), Michael ( :blink: ) and Edward! :lol:

I can understand Drew, the rest is people not knowing your name.

Your manager wasn't one of them were they?

Never saw this before broxy highlighted it.

We used to have a woman EXACTLY like this (well, except not Jamaican) that came into the Pizza Hut in Falkirk High Street. She would never buy anything, but she would stay for ages just sitting in the takeaway area and all she would ask for was a cup of pepsi with added sugar (because obviously it's not sweet enough). Like the woman above she would spend ages in the toilets, too. We never saw much harm in her coming, she never caused much bother (so we thought). But eventually the manager at thetime had to ask her to leave and not come back because a few customers had complained about her lifting up her skirt and scratching her fanny. :lol:

Harsh, I thought.

A fine story, with added result that now you'll have Kilt camping out there. ;)

Guest xbasslichtie

I know the feeling - a few people call me Andrew (correct), a couple call me Andy (which is acceptable although I dont like), but almost everyone I know calls me Dave. Apparently I look like a Dave?? :blink:

I can understand Drew, the rest is people not knowing your name.

Your manager wasn't one of them were they?

My two managers call me Alan a lot. :ph34r:

I know the feeling - a few people call me Andrew (correct), a couple call me Andy (which is acceptable although I dont like), but almost everyone I know calls me Dave. Apparently I look like a Dave?? :blink:

I must look like a Michael or an Edward then :lol: