Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Rowan, I don't want this to come across as mean, or nasty, or anything like that.

But is there a need to post information like that on this thread?

It's just, this is a thread about petty things, like people getting covered in Irn-Bru when they open a fizzed-up can over themselves etc..

I genuinely feel for your friends loss, but I really don't think this forum is the place to post such personal information like that.

It kind of makes the next person who says something like "I missed the bus today and had to walk to work" look like they're comparing their problems with that of your friends, where obviously there is no comparism.

Agree this wasnt the right thread to post stuff like that Rowan.

Sometimes people post far too personal things in the most inappropriate of places. Rowan you posted something a while back that really shouldnt have been made public knowledge.

It comes across as attention seeking/trying to get everybody's attention even if that isnt your motivation as only you know for sure.

And who are you lot to say what she can and can't post?

It just makes for uncomfortable reading Debbie. Not wholly appropriate IMO.

It's a purely need to know post and we don't need to know it!

Edited by ayrgirl

Watching the Liverpool vs Arsenal game last night. It was 2-1 I think to Arsenal after about 40-odd minutes and I thought it was a pretty poor game and switched over, until it was time for the second-half. <_<:rolleyes:

Completely forgot to switch back to the game. My dad then comes in after the game and says:

'Were you watching the game?' I said I but it wasn't very good, why what happened?'

To which he rather bluntkly replies: '6-3 Arsenal.'

Raging. :angry: Don't care about the two teams, just gutted at missing out on what sounded like a really good game. :(

I'll probs watch the Wycombe vs Chelsea game tonight, and just because of my luck with the game last night, it'll be 1-0 or something. :angry::rolleyes:

Watching the Liverpool vs Arsenal game last night. It was 2-1 I think to Arsenal after about 40-odd minutes and I thought it was a pretty poor game and switched over, until it was time for the second-half. <_<:rolleyes:

Completely forgot to switch back to the game. My dad then comes in after the game and says:

'Were you watching the game?' I said I but it wasn't very good, why what happened?'

Raging. :angry: Don't care about the two teams, just gutted at missing out on what sounded like a really good game. :(

I'll probs watch the Wycombe vs Chelsea game tonight, and just because of my luck with the game last night, it'll be 1-0 or something. :angry::rolleyes:

Glad I read this post I forgot all about the Wycombe v Chelsea game tonight :lol:

Guest Tatty Boabie

What was her name Tom? :D

I did that! It was feckin sore! :( That's why I'm 'streamlined' now! :ph34r:

Sorry Gaz, is that 'too personal' to disclose here?! <_<:angry:

What the f*ck are you on about?

People having a pop at Rowan - in my view, unjustifiably so and too harshly! <_<

Did you actually bother to read my original post before you decided to jump on the moral high ground?

If you believe that "I just don't agree that such information should be published on a public forum" is "harsh", then you must have led a very sheltered life.

Without wanting to go into detail about what the post was about, I don't think anyone can reasonably say that it was "harsh". All I said was that this forum wasn't the place for it.

And it would seem that Rowan agreed with me, as the post was deleted.

But hey, if you want to go ahead thinking that you're some sort of moral crusader and I shouldn't have said what I did, be my guest.

Edited by Gaz

But hey, if you want to go ahead thinking that you're some sort of moral crusader and I shouldn't have said what I did, be my guest.

Not a moral crusader, but I know her and know she's been going through a hard time recently. It just seemed a tad over the top that she got all that abuse over one personal post. <_<

Sorry, I'm having a 'grumpy old man' morning. Perhaps a cup of tea will calm me down! ;)

Not a moral crusader, but I know her and know she's been going through a hard time recently. It just seemed a tad over the top that she got all that abuse over one personal post. <_<

Sorry, I'm having a 'grumpy old man' morning. Perhaps a cup of tea will calm me down! ;)

You need more than a cup of tea, if what you thought I wrote was "abuse".