Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We have one pizza shop locally that puts plasticcy garlic sauce over everything but most don't. 

Do you get those parmo things at the chip shop*? 

*i agree with your terminology but am using the esperanto version. 

Parmos are available from kebab/pizza takeaways, recommended if you're ever in the area. :)

The chip shops (might be safer sticking to calling them that) seem to have a choice of cod or haddock and that's it. They do offer you "scraps" with your fish supper, after initially thinking I was being challenged to a fight it seems scraps are the tiny bits of batter that accumulate.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

What is a 'hotshot' parmo exactly? Despite having been in Stockton a few times I've never quite been pished enough to order one of these delicacies but with the right description that could change. 

A hotshot parmo is generally topped with pepperoni, red onions, jalapenos, garlic butter and fresh chilli. 

An inferno parmo adds peppers to the hotshot. Again, recommended but best to get a half as anyone would struggle to finish a whole parmo in one go.

EDIT - might be helpful to describe the actual parmo as well. Chicken breast in breadcrumb, deep fried and topped with bechamel sauce and cheese.

Edited by ParsJake
More detail

29 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

A hotshot parmo is generally topped with pepperoni, red onions, jalapenos, garlic butter and fresh chilli. 

An inferno parmo adds peppers to the hotshot. Again, recommended but best to get a half as anyone would struggle to finish a whole parmo in one go.

EDIT - might be helpful to describe the actual parmo as well. Chicken breast in breadcrumb, deep fried and topped with bechamel sauce and cheese.

One hotshot for me, will probably pass on the inferno for the sake of the toilet pan the day after tbh. 

A mate was on holiday in Yorkshire years ago and asked where the chip shop was. "T'fish shop?" replied a Yorkie. "Naw, I want a chip shop" "Aye lad, tha' wants t'fish shop in High Street"
Apparently the chip shop was called "t'fish shop" in those parts. 
yorkshire.thumb.jpg.22dce2732483eed7fe28a7f10f316e6e.jpg
Yorkshire people annoy me
We are leeds we are leeds WE ARE LEEDS

Sit doon

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
East neuk of Fife has some great chippies

I've always wondered if they are actually that good or just trading on reputation and confirmation bias.

I avoid places that have a stack of food being kept warm above the fryer.

Valente's on Overton Road Kirkcaldy and The Cadora in Inverkeithing cook everything to order which is what you want.

Past two days I've gorged myself on chocolate and haribo ffs. Absolutely disgust myself, it's becoming almost an addiction and I think I may need help. 
Get the sugar free haribo. That will sort you out

32 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What haribo? 

Mostly the joghurt based ones or the pig/rabbit heads. Delicious but I have a sugar brain and find them addictive. 

2 minutes ago, weirdcal said:
36 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
Past two days I've gorged myself on chocolate and haribo ffs. Absolutely disgust myself, it's becoming almost an addiction and I think I may need help. 

Get the sugar free haribo. That will sort you out

I wish I knew of such a thing!