Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

how long ago did you do it? (i.e. did you give the Royal mail enough time to find you?)

I have already told you when I bought it.

It was purchased on the www.direct.gov.uk website as soon as I received the news that it has passed it's MOT.

Guest SavotheGreat
My tax runs out tomorrow, and I renewed the tax on Friday, but the disc has yet to arrive.

I have it on good authority from a friend (use that word loosely) of mine who works in the police that as long as the vehicle has valid tax, it won't matter if the disc doesn't arrive by tomorrow, as they will be able to check my registration and see that it has tax.

I would rather it arrived tomorrow though.

My car remained un-taxed for about 5 days, they generally give you a bit of leeway. Mind you, on the fifth day, one of those weird things happened. I drove past a car with a bright orange sign on its windscreen, reading something along the lines of: "THIS CAR IS NOT TAXED". It kind of spurted my lazy ass into action.

ANYWAY, your problem. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. You've got an entirely plausible story; if anyone comes knocking (which would be unlikely considering its only going to be a couple of days) just explain what has happened. From what i've heard, they don't start chasing people up until they've been without tax for a month (at least) anyway.

Guest The Phoenix
I have already told you when I bought it.

It was purchased on the www.direct.gov.uk website as soon as I received the news that it has passed it's MOT.

Sam - you'll be fine on the road without the formality of displaying the disc.

There will be a page you can print off as proof of payment? :unsure: - You can put that on display (taking care to cover up any personal identity details - address etc)

My car remained un-taxed for about 5 days, they generally give you a bit of leeway. Mind you, on the fifth day, one of those weird things happened. I drove past a car with a bright orange sign on its windscreen, reading something along the lines of: "THIS CAR IS NOT TAXED". It kind of spurted my lazy ass into action.

ANYWAY, your problem. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. You've got an entirely plausible story; if anyone comes knocking (which would be unlikely considering its only going to be a couple of days) just explain what has happened. From what i've heard, they don't start chasing people up until they've been without tax for a month (at least) anyway.

My car IS taxed though. I'm not worried, I'd just rather it arrived tomorrow so I didn't get any disapproving looks. :P

Guest The Phoenix
Parked in the disabled bay with no tax disc! Disapproving looks aplenty coming your way ;)

Parent and Child, if you don't mind ;)

This post has been made on behalf of SaintSam and is sponsored by Kleenex

My nag is bald people in denial who suddenly think they are cool.

Baldness is not cool. Having hair will always be the norm. You are all hairless freaks who cry yourself to sleep at night wishing you had hair. Just because there are several of you falling out the baldy closet does not make it ok.

<_<

Guest The Phoenix

Baldness is not cool. Having hair will always be the norm. You are all hairless freaks who cry yourself to sleep at night wishing you had hair. Just because there are several of you falling out the baldy closet does not make it ok.

<_<

:lol:

I couldn't give a frigging toss about being bald but I don't claim it is cool (except in the winter when I forget my hat).

I cry myself to sleep wishing I were younger, not hairy.

Being smart has a cool rating ;)

My sister in law does that. Unfortunatly one time she was shagging her man and as my husband name starts with an A he's first in her phone book........
She has sex in her sleep?

That one seemed a tad strange to me.

I think Rowan has ignored your post, as she was telling a cheeky wee porky pie!

<_<

You have heard of

Well mines washed and went and i don't care :P

<_<

I am going bald sadly, and I look much better with a shaven head rather than trying to have a bit of hair on my head.

I got a "number 3" cut once and my mum looked at me after it and told me she felt physically sick looking at me and never to do it again - that was nice of her!

:lol:

Charming, eh? I don't mind not having much hair, the only problem is when it's freezing at the football and you forget to bring a hat.

Baldies Clique!