Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, velo army said:

Straightening their hair? There used to be lassies in our halls of residence who would set the alarm off in this manner at least once a week.

Solved

Unless it's someone who straightens their hair multiple times a day, including late at night, I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Unless it's someone who straightens their hair multiple times a day, including late at night, I doubt it.

They'll use curling tongs and will then straighten it later. Screamingly obvious mate.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It could be cooking heat/steam from an unventilated kitchen setting off a particularly crap alarm. 

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

3 days out of every 5, I get a call 10 minutes after my wife leaves for work along these lines.

" I think I put the straighteners off but I'm not sure, could you check, it's annoying me."

Not as annoying having to stop what I'm doing (On the Buses usually) and go upstairs on a fools errand!

Sustainability manager at Balfour Beattie putting his holiday snaps of Bali up on LinkedIn. Says one of the islands has banned diesel generators so he's come back refreshed and determined to cut CO2. 

4.2 tonnes of CO2 for one person flying to Bali and back. Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

3 days out of every 5, I get a call 10 minutes after my wife leaves for work along these lines.

" I think I put the straighteners off but I'm not sure, could you check, it's annoying me."

Not as annoying having to stop what I'm doing (On the Buses usually) and go upstairs on a fools errand!

Idea for Mrs Sgt Wilson's Christmas - straighteners that automatically turn off when not used for a while. 

41 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Sustainability manager at Balfour Beattie putting his holiday snaps of Bali up on LinkedIn. Says one of the islands has banned diesel generators so he's come back refreshed and determined to cut CO2. 

You should definitely post a reply along those lines. 

45 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Maybe he swam there... 

53 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs .

58 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Far from the worst practices Balfour Beatty have been up to tbqh.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

“I ‘ate you Mrs Wilson”

20 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I mean , to all intensive purposes it's the same thing really isn't it ? 

Here we go again, people on their pedal stools laughing at those getting simple sayings wrong.