Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Aberdeen Community radio (aka radio fitlike) was good for a laugh though. 

Ah, Fitlike FM

Even just now there seems to be an increase in radio ads done in a "richt guid price" Doric style that seems to be setting a lot of folk off. 

The inconsistent use of Doric and English in a way that shows how clearly 'put-on' it all is can be quite annoying tbf.

Edited by Hedgecutter

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Welcome fellow member to the "turned into your dad" club 

Although the music my dad didn't like was far better than the shite you get now

There are bands and artists from the 90s and 2000s that, although I didn't like their music, I can at least understand why they were successful.

What the f**k is this modern chart music and who the f**k heard it and thought "f**k aye, we'll give them a recording contract"?

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Ah, Fitlike FM

Even just now there seems to be an increase in radio ads done in a "richt guid price" Doric style that seems to be setting a lot of folk off. 

The inconsistent use of Doric and English in a way that shows how clearly 'put-on' it all is can be quite annoying tbf.

There was a radio ad on Northsound in the early 90s for Anderson Cars that's lodged in my memory as it was done Doric style.

Didn't do them much guid though, they went bust 

On 28/03/2023 at 09:19, hk blues said:

They have go to be the most inefficient things ever invented - never make a good slice and there ends up loads of wasted slices sitting beside the machine.  

I never had a problem with them.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Welcome fellow member to the "turned into your dad" club 

Although the music my dad didn't like was far better than the shite you get now

The real worry is when you realise the stuff your father listened to was infinitely better than that rubbish modern youngsters play nowadays.

Actually, some of it's not bad...I don't know why I hated Perry Como so much when I was young...and cardigans are surprisingly comfortable...

15 hours ago, BTFD said:

Maybe @19QOS19 has some idea about why the high heid yins decided that it would be a better idea to issue customers with a duvet rather than a credit card-sized ticket. Although, probably not, if his bosses are anything like everyone else's..

Being bigger means they're easier to read and the QR code is a piece of piss to scan and use at the barriers (not that the card ticket is difficult).

They're still unnecessarily big though, they're not recyclable and you can no longer use them as a roach.

Edited by Smurph

10 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Being bigger means they're easier to read and the QR code is a piece of piss to scan and use at the barriers (not that the card ticket is difficult).

They're still unnecessarily big though, they're not recyclable and you can no longer use them as a roach.

Priorities  :lol:

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Commercial radio and the daytime  music on R1 and R2 has always been shite. I used to detest having it on in kitchens and would always try to get a mix tape on instead but some goon always wanted on Northsound for a phone quiz or some shit. Aberdeen Community radio (aka radio fitlike) was good for a laugh though. 

I completely agree although I’m on van a lot and need some background noise so i stick radio 2 on by default but flick a lot.

Re the Zara Larson song it’s at least 20 years out of date and is the most unoriginal song imaginable about some sort of diva who plays by her own rules and goes out partying all the time. It’s a totally unavoidable song if you flick through radio stations as well and I must hear it 10 times a day.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I never listen to the radio so have no idea what shite is currently in the charts, but on my clinical placement the radio was always on in the office. Fucking hell the "music" was terrible.

Be thankful there was music on…it’s an even worse environment without it. In my previous job you had to be able to concentrate, so some genius decided a radio on was bad and took our radios away. Noise from conversation and such increased and had it harder to concentrate, a radio playing in the background is effective to keep a portion of the brain occupied enough to keep you attentive without impairing judgement and concentration…look at Operating Theatres, they have music on too.

Its high-levels c***s that have never done a job imposing work rules, because they believe they understand the job, that chaps my hide.

People posting about things in this thread and not actually posting them, making you have to look them up. 

New train ticket:

Fold it in half and you'd be fine.

This seems to be the most recent Zara Larson song:

Never heard it, never heard of her, though one of her songs seems to have 700 million views. This is shite.

New Meghan Trainor song:

Much worse.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

People posting about things in this thread and not actually posting them, making you have to look them up. 

New train ticket:

Never heard it, never heard of her, though one of her songs seems to have 700 million views. This is shite.

New Meghan Trainor song:

Much worse.

Managed 10 seconds of that Meghan Trainor effort and I think I lost about 10 IQ points. Deary me.

25 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

New train ticket:

New Meghan Trainor song:

Much worse.

Agree…oh Jesus that’s horrible…oh, that’s worse. Is this what we’re reduced to…both the songs sampling their way to shitehood.

46 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Managed 10 seconds of that Meghan Trainor effort and I think I lost about 10 IQ points. Deary me.

No but if you look at the comments it's really clever because it's not about Kris Jenner it's about Mother and the song's called Mother and it starts with Mr Sandman and Norman Bates called his mother Mother so it's really fun because she's just doing what she wants to.

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

No but if you look at the comments it's really clever because it's not about Kris Jenner it's about Mother and the song's called Mother and it starts with Mr Sandman and Norman Bates called his mother Mother so it's really fun because she's just doing what she wants to.

Wow so profound, whoever wrote it she really is one of the great songwriters of our time.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this kind of stuff is 100% computer generated now and the 'artist' is just given a heads up to let them know they'll have a single out tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

New train ticket:

New Meghan Trainor song:

Much worse.

Bathgate! As someone with strong links with Methil and Lochee. 

Solidarity! 

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

New train ticket:

New Meghan Trainor song:

Much worse.

Dp6Cu3R6kpLl.gif