Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Just calculated that, and you’re just a few years older than me. Would have been 39 for me, with 28.5p change. Enough for 20 Regal, and I’d still have 3.5p left. 

Bus fare home?

21 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Just calculated that, and you’re just a few years older than me. Would have been 39 for me, with 28.5p change. Enough for 20 Regal, and I’d still have 3.5p left. 

Interesting fact, for those who have a strange definition of the word "interesting"...

At decimalisation in 1971 the cost of a first class stamp was 3p, and a second class one was 2.5p.

See? Told you it was interesting.

2 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Having my kleptomania thwarted by (rightly) paranoid German shopkeepers. Is this a national practice or is it only required in my sweet-toothed locality?

Teacakes(2).thumb.jpg.6ef6740f43a64da8b61b3338256f653c.jpg

Tunnock's products remain on my boycott list. 

Petty as anything I know. 

Since Trump got binned, I still haven't purchased any US stuff. Mostly because there is f**k all that they've produced worth buying. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

This is probably as petty a subject as I've ever commented on, but.....

I've just watched the news item about the English women losing the final, and seen the penalty save. The penalty was awarded after VAR review.

If there was VAR, why wasn't a retake ordered? The keeper was well off her line before the ball was kicked, IMO.

Still according to the coverage, the best team won.

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Interesting fact, for those who have a strange definition of the word "interesting"...

At decimalisation in 1971 the cost of a first class stamp was 3p, and a second class one was 2.5p.

My bar for interesting is a bit lower than that. So that was actually fascinating. 

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Technically AT decimalisation it was 5d and 4d...and since there was a postal strike about rates starting 20 January, 1971, when the 3p rate came out on 5 March, it was equivalent to 7.2d, while the 2.5p rate was a sixpence (6d).

SYBjS9S.png.45cbe6eba34bc8d1c797c34bd5a6a219.pngJruLrpE(1).png.88508cfe41c080e63a6cfaf786a378c8.png

Edited by TxRover

5 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Since Trump got binned, I still haven't purchased any US stuff. Mostly because there is f**k all that they've produced worth buying. 

Am I missing something here? What’s the connection between Trump, the USA and Uddingston?

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Am I missing something here? 

Boyd Tunnock didn't want independence. People got very, very angry over that and the rebranding of teacakes as a 'British' snack.

Nationalist and mentalist.

Edited by Derry Alli

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Technically AT decimalisation it was 5d and 4d...and since there was a postal strike about rates starting 20 January, 1971, when the 3p rate came out on 5 March, it was equivalent to 7.2d, while the 2.5p rate was a sixpence (6d).

SYBjS9S.png.45cbe6eba34bc8d1c797c34bd5a6a219.pngJruLrpE(1).png.88508cfe41c080e63a6cfaf786a378c8.png

Beautiful. It’s as if I’m 14 years old again. (And I’m glad I’m not). 

16 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I haven't boycotted them but I buy the rip off ones from Lidl/Aldi. Same thing for half the price.

Was in Aberfeldy Watermill cafe at lunchtime. A nice vibe going as people chatted. Then in comes a woman with the plummiest voice, walking through shouting into her phone. Only things louder were the replies from whoever she was phoning. Well, apart from when she was eating. Sounded like a horse eating carrots. All worth it for the looks she was getting from, well, everybody. 

30 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Was in Aberfeldy Watermill cafe at lunchtime. A nice vibe going as people chatted. Then in comes a woman with the plummiest voice, walking through shouting into her phone. Only things louder were the replies from whoever she was phoning. Well, apart from when she was eating. Sounded like a horse eating carrots. All worth it for the looks she was getting from, well, everybody. 

That's a pity. The Watermill is a nice place. We usually have an overnight stay in Aberfeldy at least once a year and always visit the Watermill.  Saw quite a good piss take of Harry's book there - but the parody was called "Spare Us".

36 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Aye but what did you have to eat?