Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 20/08/2023 at 18:44, Salt n Vinegar said:

This is probably as petty a subject as I've ever commented on, but.....

I've just watched the news item about the English women losing the final, and seen the penalty save. The penalty was awarded after VAR review.

If there was VAR, why wasn't a retake ordered? The keeper was well off her line before the ball was kicked, IMO.

Still according to the coverage, the best team won.

I thought it was possible she had one foot still on the line as it was hit, was close though. Below is a still image of the moment the ball was hit(this was the angle VAR looked at, as VAR checked the incident).

F4Aj1XGWAAAztDW.thumb.jpeg.a2b55096f3cd3c6856811d3e8a339113.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

A fantastic sweet potato, peanut and ginger soup. Then coffee with coffee & walnut cake. Rerr.

3 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

Just the one latte so no coffee overload. Was my typing wobbly?

Nah.  Just suggesting your cake started off as a plain walnut one.

When i was in the US I asked if i wanted any sauce with my meal and i said "aye tomatoe" please and the lad looked me dead in the eye and said "we dont have tomato...just ketchup or bbq"

blood pressure was deffo rising at that point, another was a Texan saying...no comprende...do you speak English in Scotland

When a band is playing live and they start one of their famous songs with the singer singing a line from the chorus before the intro starts.  New Found Glory are bad for this with My Friends Over You.  Just start the fucking intro m8, the fans will pop when they hear the first fucking chord of the guitar.

Seen a few others do this at Glastonbury recently.  Does my tits in.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

When a band is playing live and they start one of their famous songs with the singer singing a line from the chorus before the intro starts.  New Found Glory are bad for this with My Friends Over You.  Just start the fucking intro m8, the fans will pop when they hear the first fucking chord of the guitar.

I saw Mark Knopfler years ago. On Money for Nothing, he skipped the whole intro and went straight into the guitar bit. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

I saw Mark Knopfler years ago. On Money for Nothing, he skipped the whole intro and went straight into the guitar bit. 

Giving the people what they paid for IMO.

43 minutes ago, RJShire said:

When i was in the US I asked if i wanted any sauce with my meal and i said "aye tomatoe" please and the lad looked me dead in the eye and said "we dont have tomato...just ketchup or bbq"

blood pressure was deffo rising at that point, another was a Texan saying...no comprende...do you speak English in Scotland

It must have been your accent...

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Had a "Live" album and every time a song started the crowd went mental. It became very irritating very quickly. The cheer was like "I can't believe they're playing that song!!". 

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had a "Live" album and every time a song started the crowd went mental. It became very irritating very quickly. The cheer was like "I can't believe they're playing that song!!". 

Usually their most famous one.

Always good when a band finishes their set without playing their big song in the hope that there'll be a demand for an encore, rather than a bunch of bored people standing about waiting for the inevitable.

5 hours ago, RJShire said:

Dan Quail found.

6 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Folk being interviewed, answering almost every question with

"Do you know what?" 

My current knitting-ripper is the word 'yeah' being thrown in multiple times, a sure sign that the interviewee doesn't actually have an answer.

"So, can you talk us thru what happened?"

"Well, it was like, yeah, I was standing just to the side and, yeah, then the next thing, it was, yeah, and that was it. So, yeah"

It's a growing trend.

38 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

My current knitting-ripper is the word 'yeah' being thrown in multiple times, a sure sign that the interviewee doesn't actually have an answer.

"So, can you talk us thru what happened?"

"Well, it was like, yeah, I was standing just to the side and, yeah, then the next thing, it was, yeah, and that was it. So, yeah"

It's a growing trend.

Blame Lennon and McCartney.