Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d go with: “I purchased these to restrain someone I recently abducted and am holding for ransom.  The were perfect for the job and I would not hesitate to recommend them to other abductors.”

They’ll probably never bother you again.

Interested in if they’d get excited about that review if you also had bought duct tape, a shovel, some quicklime and plastic bags…

After a recent update the Setanta Sports app on my TV and phone is f****d.  Still works fine on my laptop hence the petty nature of my grievance.  On the TV it's stuck on home page which means I can't select any game to watch, but on the phone I can at least navigate to the schedule and pick a game from there and then I will need to cast the video from the phone to the TV.   

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

After a recent update the Setanta Sports app on my TV and phone is f****d.  Still works fine on my laptop hence the petty nature of my grievance.  On the TV it's stuck on home page which means I can't select any game to watch, but on the phone I can at least navigate to the schedule and pick a game from there and then I will need to cast the video from the phone to the TV.   

Surprised to hear Setanta are still on the go. 

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

Surprised to hear Setanta are still on the go. 

It's focused on Eastern European subscribers and only came to the Philippines a couple of months back - best of all it's free at the moment.  They seem to be mainly trying to get folk here to subscribe to the NBA so maybe the football is a loss leader.  Some games have no commentary, others the usual SKY/BT sports guys.

Setanta was responsible* for my son becoming a Celtic fan. 

I used to drag him all over Scotland seeing East Fife playing mostly utter guff, then he'd watch Henrik and Co on the Sunday. 

*Actually, I was responsible for the East Fife part. Mea culpa etc. 

13 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

What's boiling my piss is that Screwfix are 'valuing my opinion' on the packet of 100 black 4.5mm x 150 long tie wraps I bought on Tuesday.

Jesus wept.

Similar to this would be buying something like an electric sander and then being inundated by ads for electric sanders or emails from company suggesting other ones. I need to sand something, I haven't started a collection.

20 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Similar to this would be buying something like an electric sander and then being inundated by ads for electric sanders or emails from company suggesting other ones. I need to sand something, I haven't started a collection.

Amazon are particularly bad for this. 

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The pedant in me wants to highlight that this picture is the complete opposite of diverse

Screenshot_20231021_094709_Facebook.jpg

And likewise, I’m compelled to note that the post refers to the diversity within the airline staff making this possible in the future, and does not suggest the picture is representative of diversity. Just saying, context matters.

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The pedant in me wants to highlight that this picture is the complete opposite of diverse

Screenshot_20231021_094709_Facebook.jpg

I read the blurb and the point that’s getting made is fairly clear.  It is not being suggested that this group is diverse but rather that the diversity policy has facilitated such a group.

Maybe it’s not pedantry but something else.

12 hours ago, mathematics said:

After 20 years, my iPod Classic has finally died. Pretty good value for money but I’m miffed as I wanted to listen to music in my garage last night.

My oppo gave up the ghost the other day. I sold my S23 a few weeks back. Lifted the laptop yo get pictures from it, appears that's gubbed too.

Went back to an old iPad and (after charging for an eternity) got some cracking pictures. There's people I'll need to get back in touch with. 

13 hours ago, mathematics said:

After 20 years, my iPod Classic has finally died. Pretty good value for money but I’m miffed as I wanted to listen to music in my garage last night.

Mine has lasted 10 years so far.

Need to back it up but unsure how. iTunes will almost certainly try and update and f**k things up.

Have an external hard drive that I want to copy all the tunes to (circa 12k). But unsure. Seen things online but they all seem to copy the songs over without the info (i.e. title, artist and album).