Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

f**k off, to the pair of them.

Tree up 22nd Dec and down in 27th. No other decorations requires.

Luckily my wife is happy for the Christmas tat to go away at any point after boxing day, unfortunately she is itching to get them up from the 1st and usually settling on the first Sunday in December.

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Fighting a battle on the home front. As soon as Hallowe'en was out of the way, my daughter started nagging about getting the Christmas tree up. 

No way, far too early, I said. 

The wife today started playing Christmas music. I suspect more pressure will be on its way soon. 

This is all at least 5 weeks too early. And I'm not relenting. They want the tree down from the loft? Fine - they can go up and climb over the mouse corpses and bring it down. 

Early Xmas tree.jpg

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

I used to be the Treasurer for a charity that used BoS. They’re the absolute pits. Get ready to send that form five more times due to their complete incompetence.

54 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Funnily enough when I sent the form in to get me transferred on to the account as a main signatory, they managed to do what within 2 days.  Not holding my breath for the internet one.

I have sent said form off twice already to get access to online banking for my cricket club, and got nowhere. If I only have to send another 3 I think I’ll deem it a success. Shambles. 

35 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I have sent said form off twice already to get access to online banking for my cricket club, and got nowhere. If I only have to send another 3 I think I’ll deem it a success. Shambles. 

Six 

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Fighting a battle on the home front. As soon as Hallowe'en was out of the way, my daughter started nagging about getting the Christmas tree up. 

No way, far too early, I said. 

The wife today started playing Christmas music. I suspect more pressure will be on its way soon. 

This is all at least 5 weeks too early. And I'm not relenting. They want the tree down from the loft? Fine - they can go up and climb over the mouse corpses and bring it down. 

Here, the trees and decorations start to go up in September.  We were out for a walk around last night and I'd say maybe 20% of houses already had their stuff up and given maybe only 50% of houses will put trees/decorations up anyway that's nearly half.  We hold off until the 1st week of December.  

Honestly speaking, I don't mind putting them up and like to see it all when it's all done but I'm not a fan of taking them down.   

Would put decorations up at the end of November but they shouldn't technically go down until February 2nd. Which makes sense because January is just as grim as December. 

It was only the Victorians who were responsible for cutting Christmas short, just as they were responsible for the workhouse system, the temperance movement and just about every other moral crusade based on their sad, Puritan and industrial outlook. 

I don't really care when decorations go up or come down within reason but I do find it really weird how annually triggered some people seem to get by this. What is it about seeing a neighbour with a tree up evokes so much rage from these people? 

2 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I don't really care when decorations go up or come down within reason but I do find it really weird how annually triggered some people seem to get by this. What is it about seeing a neighbour with a tree up evokes so much rage from these people? 

In September? I love Christmas but it starts in December and not before. 

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

In September? I love Christmas but it starts in December and not before. 

Well aye I'd say any time in December to January is what I'd go for but I'm just bemused how people get so wound up and have specific dates that it needs to go up for.