Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 23/01/2024 at 17:37, Newbornbairn said:

f**k the idiot b*****d w****r c**t that designed the car parks at Forth Valley hospital. 40 minutes queuing to park.

You forgot to add "in tiny spaces". Really annoys me when you have an appointment there and have to arrive about an hour beforehand just to give time to park

I'm sure its been covered before but inconsiderate twats in the cinema.

I  have no real issue with people talking, opening crisps or whatever in the pre film adverts, but how difficult is it just to bloody shut the f**k up for an hour or two, not rustle your b*****ding chocolate bag, or squeak your shitey trainers on the footstool right behind me?

This rant then merged into "annoying things your partner does" - but from my wifes perspective 😆- as I couldnt take it any more and had to turn round and tell the loud eater to "fucking shut up".

Suffice to say the silence during the film continued in the car home and for the rest of the night..................

Is there a "stuff you have done as an angry old man" thread? I have lots of material 

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Is there a "stuff you have done as an angry old man" thread? I have lots of material 

Last weekend while in a busy city centre pub with my wife, one which we have enjoyed for years for the good Saturday afternoon atmosphere, we caught ourselves commenting that it's always so fecking loud we have to shout at each other to be heard.

We'll continue to tough it out until staying at home with a sherry becomes more appealing.

33 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I'm sure its been covered before but inconsiderate twats in the cinema.

I  have no real issue with people talking, opening crisps or whatever in the pre film adverts, but how difficult is it just to bloody shut the f**k up for an hour or two, not rustle your b*****ding chocolate bag, or squeak your shitey trainers on the footstool right behind me?

This rant then merged into "annoying things your partner does" - but from my wifes perspective 😆- as I couldnt take it any more and had to turn round and tell the loud eater to "fucking shut up".

Suffice to say the silence during the film continued in the car home and for the rest of the night..................

That’s why I don’t go to the cinema anymore. I’d end up in the jail. 

On 08/01/2024 at 10:18, Cosmic Joe said:

There was a joke about someone getting fired for putting his penis in the meat slicer, but I cannae mind the punchline...

He changed his name to Levi Cohen...

On 10/01/2024 at 12:56, velo army said:

As far as I know it's illegal to ride those things on pavements, but the polis do nothing. It'll take fatalities or a few serious injuries for any crackdown to happen.

My father got pulled up for pushing his bike the wrong way up a one way street.

On 10/01/2024 at 22:37, Hedgecutter said:

On the subject of Lidl, I spent ages hunting down some tinned pineapple this evening (I didn't want a full one, and I'm not a swinger).  Eventually found them having given up, two aisles away from the section with the tinned sweetcorn and tinned tomatoes.

An absolute menace of a store, but I'm presuming they do this on purpose to make you traipse around the place.

"Can't find any oregano; perhaps I should have a look between the washing detergent and the toilet fresheners"

Of course they do. Any time I'm in one, I always look in the least likely place first for whatever it is I want.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It's a friends birthday next weekend and she wants to start at the pub at 9pm before going clubbing.

I'm immediately like no way, far too late to go to the pub and f**k going clubbing. 

9pm? Like you say, f**k that.

On 12/01/2024 at 08:48, Hedgecutter said:

Pubs that can't be bothered to indicate that a particular beer tap is 'aff'.  Shirley the simple, universally understood act of placing a pint glass over the offending tap isn't too much effort ?

Or a towel. Maybe pubs don't use towels anymore...

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Start at pub at 9pm would see a normal person organise a small and trusted circle of friends to start in a different pub at 5pm

And an even smaller circle of friends at 1pm.

On 14/01/2024 at 10:03, Andy Dufresne said:

Being feeling crap since beginning of December,was off with a chest infection and never got over it,i have now lost 3.5 stone.

Went back to doctor on Friday and sent for xray and signed off work,now on 3rd set of antibiotics.

That's not good.

12 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

And an even smaller circle of friends at 1pm.

I missed the 3 o'clock bus a few weeks ago, the next bus in my semi-final location wasn't for an hour, so I canned it and stayed in