Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 17/07/2024 at 18:10, Newbornbairn said:

Kirkwall Airport - a lingering smell of fish

I always find it funny getting put into the normal waiting lounge there with people wondering why they're being surrounded by 19 folk wearing big yellow survival suits from the chopper that's refuelling.

Funnier when you get on a plane and get the "here's your sh1tey token Middle-of-Lidl life vest" briefing having just changed out of your chopper* kit that probably costs hundreds of pounds.

*maybe 'choppy' for all you Central Belters.

My phone's 'smart lock' isn't very smart at all.

It's supposed to not require unlocking with the PIN in preset 'safe' locations such as at home or work. It's also not meant to lock if the phone hasn't physically moved since it was last used.

It locks all the time, and the most annoying thing is there's a second or so of lag after pressing the unlock button before the keypad will accept an input, which invariably results in me keying in the 2nd digit first. That one second wait is infuriating for some reason.

Folk that do the P&B daily Aussie Quiz, but only ever post their scores when reminded by @SlipperyP. And, while I'm on my high horse, those that post their scores as "today" instead of naming the day of the week. I'm glad I've got that out of my system.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Folk that do the P&B daily Aussie Quiz, but only ever post their scores when reminded by @SlipperyP. And, while I'm on my high horse, those that post their scores as "today" instead of naming the day of the week. I'm glad I've got that out of my system.

I agree!

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Letting my wife drive my car - she races up to lights before screeching to a halt, burns the clutch, seems to aim directly for every pothole, can’t park in a space that isn’t a basic nose park. RIP my car.

Are you married to Nigel Mansell?