Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not petty at all but yesterday my son and his grandad were very nearly in a serious accident.

Pete had taken him for a walk up to Homebase in Kirkcaldy and after coming out he walked straight across the zebra crossing while the guy that was behind him in the queue went to put his trolley back.

A Renault Megane apparently went shooting over the crossing and hit the guy who went to put his trolley back. The guy was knocked into the air and was obviously in a lot of pain while the car sat and over-revved whilst stuck on a bollard.

Pete said if he was 20 seconds sooner, he and the wee man would have been in the cars road and would have been hit.

The older lady driving the car was suspected to have pressed the accelerator rather than the brake!

Regarding the job I just applied for: The application form clearly states that submitting a CV and a covering letter was optional.

I have now been emailed to inform me that I must submit one! Thankfully I am not away to the football today so I have to get cracking on that.

Edited by RiG

oh dear :lol:

Well, whats the worst that can happen? :unsure:

For the record, I had a couple broken spark plugs, a worn and pitted distributer cap, and dodgy head (and other) gaskets...plus it turns out Ive been driving it on 2 cylinders for the last few months...which explains quite a lot!

Its gonna be all right now though...right? :unsure:

For the record, I had a couple broken spark plugs, a worn and pitted distributer cap, and dodgy head (and other) gaskets...plus it turns out Ive been driving it on 2 cylinders for the last few months...which explains quite a lot!

yes of course ;)

*goes away to find the "which p n ber will die next to put Xbl's name up*

You cars just don't go

Jings! :o Was the guy that got hit ok?

He was bad enough that Pete had to tell a woman with a small child to stay away from that general direction.

He was conscious though as he was screaming really high pitched and shouting about why the car was on the pavement.

Hope he's ok.

Not petty at all but yesterday my son and his grandad were very nearly in a serious accident.

Pete had taken him for a walk up to Homebase in Kirkcaldy and after coming out he walked straight across the zebra crossing while the guy that was behind him in the queue went to put his trolley back.

A Renault Megane apparently went shooting over the crossing and hit the guy who went to put his trolley back. The guy was knocked into the air and was obviously in a lot of pain while the car sat and over-revved whilst stuck on a bollard.

Pete said if he was 20 seconds sooner, he and the wee man would have been in the cars road and would have been hit.

The older lady driving the car was suspected to have pressed the accelerator rather than the brake!

OLD AND A WOMAN!

fuckin hell im not surprised.

I`d stick to the bus mate. :lol: