Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Well pissed off. :angry:

Was playing 5s tonight as a mate of mine's game needed a player. All was going well until half an hour into the game when I (accidentally, I may add) stepped on the achilles of one of the players.

He was in a bit of pain, I apologised as it was an accident, and the game went on. About ten minutes from the end I was winding the other team up by playing keepie-uppie in the corner and it was the same guy trying to tackle me. He didn't, I got the ball away and we scored.

He then said in a very audible whisper that he "didn't understand why people wear studs on astroturf". Now, bear in mind that I don't wear studs, I wear astro trainers. I told him so, at which point he told me to "f**k off". I, needless to say, told him the same and to get his fucking eyes tested as everyone on the pitch was wearing astro turf trainers at least (and two of his own team were wearing proper studs!).

He shoved me, so I shoved him back, yadda yadda yadda, but then his older brother (who was playing as well) came up and started on me as well (imagine a 24 year old guy getting stuck up for by his big brother :lol:), and the rest of the team jumped in the middle. We shook hands 2 mins later and that was that.

But now I'm unlikely to be asked back, as he's the one that organises it. All because he thought I properly studded him, which I hadn't. :angry:

My legs are fucked from football yesterday and going running today :angry:

Also, went round just about every bar in the city centre and next to nobody is looking for staff.

Still managed to give out 10 CVs tho, so hopefully something will come of it :)

Was playing 5s tonight as a mate of mine's game needed a player. All was going well until half an hour into the game when I (accidentally, I may add) stepped on the achilles of one of the players.

He was in a bit of pain, I apologised as it was an accident, and the game went on. About ten minutes from the end I was winding the other team up by playing keepie-uppie in the corner and it was the same guy trying to tackle me. He didn't, I got the ball away and we scored.

He then said in a very audible whisper that he "didn't understand why people wear studs on astroturf". Now, bear in mind that I don't wear studs, I wear astro trainers. I told him so, at which point he told me to "f**k off". I, needless to say, told him the same and to get his fucking eyes tested as everyone on the pitch was wearing astro turf trainers at least (and two of his own team were wearing proper studs!).

He shoved me, so I shoved him back, yadda yadda yadda, but then his older brother (who was playing as well) came up and started on me as well (imagine a 24 year old guy getting stuck up for by his big brother :lol: ), and the rest of the team jumped in the middle. We shook hands 2 mins later and that was that.

But now I'm unlikely to be asked back, as he's the one that organises it. All because he thought I properly studded him, which I hadn't. :angry:

That's when I would have stuck the nut in, but your way worked out ok in the end I suppose.

My legs are fucked from football yesterday and going running today :angry:

My hamstrings are gubbed - and was killing me so much sitting at my desk that i ended up doing squats at my desk whilst sorting out some paperwork to loosen them off a bit!

Serves me right for being a gymaholic this weekend! :(

And let that be a lesson to you. Next time, do it properly.

I wouldn't mind watching that, but Adam seems to have suddenly realised that all the sports channels are now available to him. I'll never get a look in again! :lol:

Correct! Football on tonight as well, no Eastenders for you!

Have you seen what game it is?

There could be some cross words in casa del Wee this winter evening. :P

Aye, she has already admitted that her team will get pumped by the mighty Gunners. I will try not to rub it in too much when we stick 4 past them.

This isn't particularly helpful to you just now, but be grateful you got a baby of that age to sleep for 6 nights. My second was still waking during the night regularly until he was 3 months old. Admittedly, he only gave me one entirely sleepless night during that time, but I'd have given anything for just one night uninterrupted!

:lol:

When Scott was seven months old, he was still waking five times a night. He's now 13 months old and although he usually only wakes once or twice during the night now, he had me up four times last Friday night! :ph34r:

Trouble is, Elise now doesn't sleep during the day so once Scott gets me up at 6am that's me up for the day till the three of them go to bed some time between 7pm-8pm. :blink: Some days I feel half dead!