Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The word random. Over the past few years it is one of these words that has become over-used and people don't even know what it means. For example, one of my friends said what I was doing for the weekend and I said I was going to the Ayrshire coast with the family. He then said "how random." No it's not. I didn't get an atlas, close my eyes and just picked a place. We looked at the weather to see where it was best. Not random in the slightest.

Other phrases include "some random people" or "what a random show". The word you are looking for is strange you idiots!!!

Edited by barrhead_killieboy

The word random. Over the past few years it is one of these words that has become over-used and people don't even know what it means. For example, one of my friends said what I was doing for the weekend and I said I was going to the Ayrshire coast with the family. He then said "how random." No it's not. I didn't get an atlas, close my eyes and just picked a place. We looked at the weather to see where it was best. Not random in the slightest.

Other phrases include "some random people" or "what a random show". The word you are looking for is strange you idiots!!!

See also people who overuse the terms "banter" and "chat", such as " that's poor banter" or "it was great chat".

I want to stab such people in the eyes, and I'm not normally a violent person.

I have to find a dentist that opens late or on a saturday as one of my fillings has fallen out and i don't finish till work 6pm

Would there be a dental hospital near where you live? you could try that and see if they are open late.

This one person that plays football with us on a Friday take EVERYTHING far too seriously, causes fights, everything. It's now getting to the stage where i'm not even gonna bother playing. I'd rather sit in the house and play FM or FIFA, simply because i just can't be arsed with it anymore.

That sort of thing is always infuriating. To be honest, if he's causing fights, the best solution might just to let someone floor him next time he starts his nonsense. Might bring him down a peg or two.

I equally hate people that spoil games by pissing around and treating the game as a joke.

LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Very true, though.

Omg you are so random!

Goths, Emos, Moshers - whatever they are called this week.

Basically, they groups of teenagers that claim to "just want to be left alone to live their lives as they choose" whom, the second everyone does leave them alone to do just that i.e. ignores them, go out of their way to attract as much attention to themselves as possible.

"Hey, look at me - screaming at the top of my voice to my pal at the other end of the platform - cool, huh ? - Bet none of you lot ever done anything this far out when you were my age ?"

See also people who overuse the terms "banter" and "chat", such as " that's poor banter" or "it was great chat".

I want to stab such people in the eyes, and I'm not normally a violent person.

Another related one is the word "munch" being used as a noun - "Oh, just having a wee munch", "just a quick munch to keep me going till I get home" and the like.