Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm off until Monday, but I've also got a 4000 word dissertation to write. And I really, really can't be bothered. I've had months to start it, but just haven't done it because I'm incredibly lazy.

Think I've to hand in a first draft next week, or at least what I've done so far. Anybody happened to have written a dissertation about the effectiveness of propaganda in the rise of the Nazis which has never seen the light of day and they'd like to share?

I'm off until Monday, but I've also got a 4000 word dissertation to write. And I really, really can't be bothered. I've had months to start it, but just haven't done it because I'm incredibly lazy.

Think I've to hand in a first draft next week, or at least what I've done so far. Anybody happened to have written a dissertation about the effectiveness of propaganda in the rise of the Nazis which has never seen the light of day and they'd like to share?

I've got a spare draft of 'Did the Romans ever conqer North Britain' - if you do a dew minor adjustments they won't notice the difference.

My PTTGOMN: Today was supposed to be the day when I could start going to the gym, but I have a Sociology piece of pish/essay sprung on me for next Friday and have had to form a sensible plan instead. Now I have 0 hours available for anything other than work/uni/drinking for the next two weeks.

Bought a Rover 75 last month and the pervious owner has just spent £689 getting cylinder head gasket repaired as it is a common fault with the rover engine,Anyway before i bought the car i did the usual checks on the engine checking for the symptms of the head gasket being repaired properly and there was none.

However i noticed the car was using water over a short period of time but there was no overheating so i was not worried,I took the car into a garage at mate at work recommended and lo and behold they reckon the head gasket has not been done properly so i will have to fork to get it fixed again.

Edited by keithgy

Bought a Rover 75 last month and the pervious owner has just spent £689 getting cylinder head gasket repaired as it is a common fault with the rover engine,Anyway before i bopught the car i did the usual checks on the engine checking for the symptms of the head gasket being repaired properly and there was none.

However i noticed the car was using water over a short period of time but there was no overheating so i was not worried,I took the car into a garage at mate at work recommended and lo and behold they reckon the head gasket has not been done properly so i will have to fork to get it fixed again.

My Astra is currently in the garage for the same reason :(

Guest The Phoenix
Bought a Rover 75 last month and the pervious owner has just spent £689 getting cylinder head gasket repaired as it is a common fault with the rover engine,Anyway before i bopught the car i did the usual checks on the engine checking for the symptms of the head gasket being repaired properly and there was none.

Can't you contact the previous owner? - If he had the work done recently and professionally, the gasket should still be under parts and labour warranty.

Can't you contact the previous owner? - If he had the work done recently and professionally, the gasket should still be under parts and labour warranty.

I have the receipt for the repair and phoned the garage and they just told me there is not warranty for head gasket repairs but if i took it to dunfermline they would look at it for me but charge me,Now if they can't do the job right in the 1st place i am damn well not going to had over any cash to them a second time.

Guest The Phoenix
I have the receipt for the repair and phoned the garage and they just told me there is not warranty for head gasket repairs but if i took it to dunfermline they would look at it for me but charge me,Now if they can't do the job right in the 1st place i am damn well not going to had over any cash to them a second time.

I'm no expert but having spent nearly £700, I'd be mightily surprised if there wasn't a legal obligation to provide a warranty. I'd seek expert advice if I were you Keith.