Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

There was a film on BBC last night about Zidane which I liked the sound of so I stayed up late to watch it.

It was 90 minutes of cameras following his every movement over the course of a game in an 'artistic' way with some quotes from Zidane about his career running along the bottom of the screen.

Mogwai provided the soundtrack for that, IIRC.

I now understand the gag in the dara o briain dvd, about what dont you want in a house before you buy it...and audience member shouts out "montisori school".

I had a lge game in a primary school tonight and can understand the requested reasoning for the above: "small loos".

in drying my hands with the dryer, I think I singed my knees :angry:

Rudeness!

I saw an old woman trip and fall on to the pavement the other day. I was driving past and stopped to help her up. She was "Maw Broon" -esque, like not a frail wee thing! I asked her if she was ok and I would help her up. I nearly broke my back trying to lift her. She never said thanks or anything, just wandered off mumbling "Well I'm just going back to the hoose, I'll no' bother wait for the bus".

I wish I hadn't bothered! Ungrateful old goat! <_<

Rudeness!

I saw an old woman trip and fall on to the pavement the other day. I was driving past and stopped to help her up. She was "Maw Broon" -esque, like not a frail wee thing! I asked her if she was ok and I would help her up. I nearly broke my back trying to lift her. She never said thanks or anything, just wandered off mumbling "Well I'm just going back to the hoose, I'll no' bother wait for the bus".

Generosity of spirit and action is it's own reward.

(I'd have kicked her in the pie)

Rudeness!

The poor old bugger was probably embarrassed. Good on you for stopping though, hope Karma is good to you. :)

Guest The Phoenix
Generosity of spirit and action is it's own reward.

(I'd have kicked her in the pie)

If any young whipper snapper tries to pick me up when I'm taking a rest on the pavement, believe me I'll do a lot more damage than kick them in the pie.

If any young whipper snapper tries to pick me up when I'm taking a rest on the pavement, believe me I'll do a lot more damage than kick them in the pie.

Do you have one of those OAP cards that gets you free bus travel? My dad is old enough for one, but hates to admit that he is an git and is embarassed to apply for it :lol:

Guest The Phoenix
Do you have one of those OAP cards that gets you free bus travel? My dad is old enough for one, but hates to admit that he is an git and is embarassed to apply for it :lol:

<_<

When I reach the appropriate age, I'll be first in the queue to get any freebies on the go.

I'm old enough to be a senior at my golf club but have a few working years in me yet.