Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When it comes down to it, I think I just don't believe in Doctors. :ph34r:

I believe doctors know what to tell you for certain ailments but I lost a bit of faith in them when I broke my leg.

I was told that the painkillers I received would take the pain away but I was in total agony for weeks. I don't use any painkillers at all as I don't think they work and tend to just deal with any pains I get, all the time having faith in my body to sort it out.

Bloody hell, that sounds like something Kilt would say!

Blessed be everyone.

well there's a moral dilema at work. One of my collegue's service users has actually come down with swine flu. Confirmed.

Do we still offer support to them? Would you?

It's not a petty thing, but I don't want to start another thread.

well there's a moral dilema at work. One of my collegue's service users has actually come down with swine flu. Confirmed.

Do we still offer support to them? Would you?

It's not a petty thing, but I don't want to start another thread.

surely it would be on medical advice???

surely it would be on medical advice???

it's a mild case, they have isolated the client in her home, filled her with Tamiflu and are monitoring her vitals.

The clinical team want us to continue to offer support, but we are a mental health org, not a nursing one. My team leader's going 'bugger that for a game of smarties' and saying she should be admitted, but it's a hard one, as the clinical team are saying she is not at that stage yet.

it's a mild case, they have isolated the client in her home, filled her with Tamiflu and are monitoring her vitals.

The clinical team want us to continue to offer support, but we are a mental health org, not a nursing one. My team leader's going 'bugger that for a game of smarties' and saying she should be admitted, but it's a hard one, as the clinical team are saying she is not at that stage yet.

Doctors and nurses HAVE to treat people with far worse. It's their job. If they decided not to treat people because they had something contagious, where the hell would we be?

Your team leader sounds a bit selfish if you ask me.

the scottish and foreign office are still debating with each other over the cause of my grandfather's death nearly three weeks ago when he was on holiday. The main person at the scottish office is ironically on holiday and still is until late next week. Why everything has to come to a stand still just because this c**t is catching a tan is beyond me when they should be having someone in to deputize his/her role. Just because they re on holiday doesnt mean these problems that this person should be sorting out are hardly going to stop just because they re away. The funeral has already been put off because of this and there doesnt seem be any idea when it will be held until these toffs sort this mess out. My father(my grandfather being his dad) has been to the phone to these people non-stop over the last fortnight and it's starting to take it's toll on the man. It really is quickly becoming an utter farce.

the scottish and foreign office are still debating with each other over the cause of my grandfather's death nearly three weeks ago when he was on holiday. The main person at the scottish office is ironically on holiday and still is until late next week. Why everything has to come to a stand still just because this c**t is catching a tan is beyond me when they should be having someone in to deputize his/her role. Just because they re on holiday doesnt mean these problems that this person should be sorting out are hardly going to stop just because they re away. The funeral has already been put off because of this and there doesnt seem be any idea when it will be held until these toffs sort this mess out. My father(my grandfather being his dad) has been to the phone to these people non-stop over the last fortnight and it's starting to take it's toll on the man. It really is quickly becoming an utter farce.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles.You can bet your bottom Dollar if it was a member of their own family they would get it sorted.

Hope it works out...Capy.

Although i had a stress free journey to work,last night i boarded a bus with a green advert all over it,i think it was for a power company.

Anyway the long and the short of it was that i could hardly see a bloody thing out of the windows.It was like being driven around inside a large grape. Needless to say if that bus turns up again it can carry on without me.

Guest Dunc?
How difficult it looks like it is to get to any morrisons store in edinburgh from Heriot Watt. Looks like i'm just going to come home every weekend to work.

I could well be wrong, but are Heriot Watt's accommodation buildings not fairly widespread across the city? Or at least some are a fair distance away from the Uni?

Get on that store finder thing using the postcode of your residence in Edinburgh. To be honest, even if it comes down to having to get two buses to work in Edinburgh, that's probably better than having to go home. It means you can catch extra shifts and stuff during the week if you can, or if you need the money.

I believe doctors know what to tell you for certain ailments but I lost a bit of faith in them when I broke my leg.

I was told that the painkillers I received would take the pain away but I was in total agony for weeks. I don't use any painkillers at all as I don't think they work and tend to just deal with any pains I get, all the time having faith in my body to sort it out.

Bloody hell, that sounds like something Kilt would say!

Blessed be everyone.

Or big Marv.

I could well be wrong, but are Heriot Watt's accommodation buildings not fairly widespread across the city? Or at least some are a fair distance away from the Uni?

Get on that store finder thing using the postcode of your residence in Edinburgh. To be honest, even if it comes down to having to get two buses to work in Edinburgh, that's probably better than having to go home. It means you can catch extra shifts and stuff during the week if you can, or if you need the money.

All of Heriot watt's student accomadation is on campus (it does won flats for renting in town, primarily for those students in second year and beyond), and as far as I'm aware dhd said he was staying on campus.

however, the Lothian bus routes that go through HW are the 25, 34 and 45. All are fairly regular and will get you into town in around 20-25 minutes outside of peak traffic times. It should be easy enough for him to commute to a morrison's in town.

edited to add: There is a morrison's in the gyle centre, easily accesible by either the 25 or 34 out to Calder road, a short walk down form a 22 bus service (every 2 minutes) which would take you there.

Edited by renton

Guest Dunc?
All of Heriot watt's student accomadation is on campus (it does won flats for renting in town, primarily for those students in second year and beyond), and as far as I'm aware dhd said he was staying on campus.

however, the Lothian bus routes that go through HW are the 25, 34 and 45. All are fairly regular and will get you into town in around 20-25 minutes outside of peak traffic times. It should be easy enough for him to commute to a morrison's in town.

edited to add: There is a morrison's in the gyle centre, easily accesible by either the 25 or 34 out to Calder road, a short walk down form a 22 bus service (every 2 minutes) which would take you there.

A bloke I occasionally drink with is going to HW this year, and I was told his accommodation was miles away from the Uni, but now that I think about it there's every chance he's going in as a second year, or applied for accommodation late. Apologies, dhd, for talking bollocks!

Doctors and nurses HAVE to treat people with far worse. It's their job. If they decided not to treat people because they had something contagious, where the hell would we be?

Your team leader sounds a bit selfish if you ask me.

True, but we're not docs or general nurses.

Storm in a teacup anyway, she will be admitted by next week if she is not better.

Guest The Phoenix
http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder/St...AS+&type=qs

You could easily cycle to the one at the Gyle.

Bloody Fifers. :rolleyes:

By Vectrons thermometer, I think I've got leprosy, swine flu, or a cold. Haven't been able to breathe properly all week, blocked nose, sore arms and hands, always tired, bit of a headache, its all rather annoying. :angry: