Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
Good stuff. Did they enjoy it then?

I loved it when I played there, I nearly collapsed in the dressing room after it because we played a new song, and the vocals at the end were far too.....constant to do it properly live. I learned that the hard way!

According to my son, it was their best ever gig but that is frequently based on the alcohol intake level.

EP soon to be released and Gigs Galore in August.

We have the most interesting conversations! :lol:

I think right about now, the remainder of p&b who don't have me on ignore, will be stabbing their eyes out with the eye gouger of Vectron. My supervisor did bugger all on my first and second papers, but naturally, his name goes on it. I'm very close to another paper or two, and by the grace of Vectron, am hoping to submit a couple by the end of the year.

Its just this b*****ding model holding me up now really!

Edited to add, I really can sympathise...I haven't heard from my supervisor since June, and he doesn't even work fully in my field.

My supervisor told me to write up a journal article on the set up I'd built and then promptly forgot about it, will have to remind him when he gets back (I've rebuilt it to a differen design anyway). I can get one on the real time displacement sensor I designed but require more results before that is publishable, and I could get one in the next two to three months based on the acoustic work I'm studying just now.

The thing is, no one will publsih your work if the supervisor's name isn't on it, no one would take a chance on your work otherwise. It's why my supervisor collects PHd students, it gets him so much wide spread recognition, which is all he's really interested in.....

Guest The Phoenix
PCS Strike tomorrow ahs been called off! :angry:

I'd already made plans for doing something on my 'day off'! <_<:(

By the Power of Velcro, you're stuck at work.

I'll light a candle for you.

The thing is, no one will publsih your work if the supervisor's name isn't on it, no one would take a chance on your work otherwise. It's why my supervisor collects PHd students, it gets him so much wide spread recognition, which is all he's really interested in.....

I have no idea if my supervisor can even program anymore! The only thing I've ever seen him do is write proposals and manage his worldwide network of colleages. By Vectrons polished boots, his departmental nickname is the "paper machine", because he is incredibly widely published. But very rarely does he actually write anything. :lol:

I have no idea if my supervisor can even program anymore! The only thing I've ever seen him do is write proposals and manage his worldwide network of colleages. By Vectrons polished boots, his departmental nickname is the "paper machine", because he is incredibly widely published. But very rarely does he actually write anything. :lol:

Sounds familiar, occasionally I manage to force my way on to his schedule, but it usually takes 30-40 minutes just to get him up to speed with what I'm doing before I cna even broach what the problem is!

Sounds familiar, occasionally I manage to force my way on to his schedule, but it usually takes 30-40 minutes just to get him up to speed with what I'm doing before I cna even broach what the problem is!

You get 30 minutes? I swear, I don't think I've ever had more than 15 minutes with him! Probably the best "meeting" I had with him was when he asked me to walk down to the uni reception with him. We walked down to it for 5 minutes, talked about my work, met his colleague, the three of us then walked back up to his office, making polite small talk, and then the two of them went into his office....and that was it for a month!

He's only got 3 phd students as well, one of them lives in Pakistan, and the other one lives in Skye, so he doesn't even have your supervisors excuse, by Vectron.

You get 30 minutes? I swear, I don't think I've ever had more than 15 minutes with him! Probably the best "meeting" I had with him was when he asked me to walk down to the uni reception with him. We walked down to it for 5 minutes, talked about my work, met his colleague, the three of us then walked back up to his office, making polite small talk, and then the two of them went into his office....and that was it for a month!

He's only got 3 phd students as well, one of them lives in Pakistan, and the other one lives in Skye, so he doesn't even have your supervisors excuse, by Vectron.

I'm not meant to have that long, but his time keeping is abysmal and he doesn't notice as I try to bash it through his gallic skull what the problem is.

Guest The Phoenix
I got an email there, and the opening line is "Good afternoon Mrs Kane".

When did that happen!?!?

Might explain the stomach pains.

Have you checked you still have a willy?