Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I hate bonfire night.

I'm scared of fireworks and everyone has went down to Glasgow Green, so I'm a total loner tonight.

I forgot about it! I don't really care much if I can't have my own bonfire and let off my own fireworks. I want to be close enough to smell the gunpowder, so I'm not bothering.

I forgot about it! I don't really care much if I can't have my own bonfire and let off my own fireworks. I want to be close enough to smell the gunpowder, so I'm not bothering.

I'm hiding away in my flat. Bonfires/Fireworks are scary! I'm not even going to watch from my window.

I'm hiding away in my flat. Bonfires/Fireworks are scary! I'm not even going to watch from my window.

But you're a girl. Your role in these occasions is to watch the pretty fireworks from a safe distance, while we men either concentrate on exploding things, or take advantage of your vulnerability to hold you close and make you feel protected.

Edited to add, by "you", I wasn't referring to you personally, just in case you thought I had a touch of the DB62 about me!

Edited by Xbass Threepwood

Our cat is hiding under my bed shaking :(

Ours just tends to be woken up, looks around in confusion before just shrugging it off and putting his head down again. Lazy shit.

But you're a girl. Your role in these occasions is to watch the pretty fireworks from a safe distance, while we men either concentrate on exploding things, or take advantage of your vulnerability to hold you close and make you feel protected.

Edited to add, by "you", I wasn't referring to you personally, just in case you thought I had a touch of the DB62 about me!

I didn't think you were. :)

Our cat is hiding under my bed shaking :(

I bet my two wee cats are exactly the same!

How exactly do cats survive in the modern world? Is that what you're supposed to do if confronted with a tiger? Make a really loud noise and watch it shiver and shake in fear?

For the record, our cat and dogs were always out and about with us when we had fireworks and bonfires in our garden. They never had any problems.

For the record, our cat and dogs were always out and about with us when we had fireworks and bonfires in our garden. They never had any problems.

See, one of my dogs is fine. I have two Yorkies, the youngest one is around 8 and she doesn't give a f**k. It's her maw that's having trouble with them. Years ago she went out the back garden for a pish and just at that exact moment, the guy next door let off one of the biggest fireworks I've ever seen outside a display. Trixie understandably got a fright, and ever since then she hasn't been the same.

She's sitting in between my legs just now, she isn't shaking, but she is hardly comfortable. I have my music up loud so it drowns out most of the noise.

How exactly do cats survive in the modern world? Is that what you're supposed to do if confronted with a tiger? Make a really loud noise and watch it shiver and shake in fear?

Cats have certainly lot got a lot more wimpy since I was a kid. My two cats didn't seem fussed in the slightest and we'd let off rockets in my back garden!

I thought I'd better stay in and get my personal statement finished tonight so no firework based fun for me :(

Cats have certainly lot got a lot more wimpy since I was a kid. My two cats didn't seem fussed in the slightest and we'd let off rockets in my back garden!

I thought I'd better stay in and get my personal statement finished tonight so no firework based fun for me :(

Same, im stuck after 1 line :( .

Ours just tends to be woken up, looks around in confusion before just shrugging it off and putting his head down again. Lazy shit.

That's what cats do best,sleep,just don't go in and check on them too often as they will be moaning little so and so's for the rest of the night. :angry:

Fucking fireworks going off here. I hate them. Time to put my earphones in. :D