Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Shopping at the supermarket on the run up to Christmas.............................

........................I felt like slapping some people today, then the checkout girl starts chatting away to the person in front of me, I still have half of the stuff in my trolley to put on the conveyor belt :angry:

I've been given into trouble before for putting the customers stuff through too quick and not talking to them "the customers like a wee chat"

Lies all lies!

I hate shopping, I want get out of there as quick as possible, no talking needed, everyone I know hates talking to them.

:angry:

Edited by Mr. Brightside

egfuckinxactly :D

I find myself saying, "I wish customers thought more like me and would just fuck off" quite a lot.

I also hate it when I'm clearly standing at a checkout, and people come up and ask "you serving?" I feel like saying, "naw, I'm fucking standing here for the benefit of my health you utter cretin"

Also the flight could not land this morning so instead of a nice easy day tomorrow will be ran of our feet trying to deliver more parcels than fucking Santa Claus <_<

Do you do deliveries for Amazon by any chance. Only I'm waiting for this lot:

Grimoire for The Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows

Wicca: Fundamentals of Philosophy and Practice

A Witch's Grimoire: Creating Your Own Book of Shadows

Solitary Wicca for Life: A Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft

Pagan Paths: A Guide to Wicca, Druidry, Asatru, Shamanism and Other Pagan Practices

The Way of the Green Witch: Rituals, Spells and Practices to Bring You Back to Nature

The Hedge Witch's Way: Magical Spirituality for the Lone Spellcaster

Handcrafted Wooden Book of Shadows (Teak - Pentagram)

post-1053-1261615249.jpg

If you don't, then the above has been a bit of a waste of effort! :rolleyes:

Do you do deliveries for Amazon by any chance. Only I'm waiting for this lot:

Grimoire for The Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows

Wicca: Fundamentals of Philosophy and Practice

A Witch's Grimoire: Creating Your Own Book of Shadows

Solitary Wicca for Life: A Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft

Pagan Paths: A Guide to Wicca, Druidry, Asatru, Shamanism and Other Pagan Practices

The Way of the Green Witch: Rituals, Spells and Practices to Bring You Back to Nature

The Hedge Witch's Way: Magical Spirituality for the Lone Spellcaster

Handcrafted Wooden Book of Shadows (Teak - Pentagram)

post-1053-1261615249.jpg

If you don't, then the above has been a bit of a waste of effort! :rolleyes:

whats a pagan christmas like? or have you not experianced it yet

whats a pagan christmas like? or have you not experianced it yet

Don't "do" Christmas, unless it's for non-Pagan family/friends! ;)

I enjoyed a meal with my kids before they went down South for Christmas, where we exchanged presents. Then enjoyed a Winter Solstice Rite in Pollock Park with like-minded friends last Sunday and a personal Rite on Solstice Night, Monday. Christmas doesn't have any importance or meaning for us. It's not our festival. (I could be controversial here but that's probably better in a PM if you'd like to know more background). We celebrate Yule, December 21st, and this goes on for 12 days when the ceremonial Yule log is extinguished and the ashes scattered on the fields to promote the earth's fertility in anticipation of the beginning of new crops growing in the Spring.

As the majority of us are rather busy at Solstice, with our own Coven's or Rituals, Glasgow Pagans are having a social get together and meal out early in January, before our next big Ritual Imbolc/Oimealg - Jan 30th being a Full Moon Sabbat, 31st Imbolc Eve and 1st Feb Imbolc itself, the Festival of the Maiden. Should be a very busy time!

Hope that answers your question. :)

Don't "do" Christmas, unless it's for non-Pagan family/friends! ;)

I enjoyed a meal with my kids before they went down South for Christmas, where we exchanged presents. Then enjoyed a Winter Solstice Rite in Pollock Park with like-minded friends last Sunday and a personal Rite on Solstice Night, Monday. Christmas doesn't have any importance or meaning for us. It's not our festival. (I could be controversial here but that's probably better in a PM if you'd like to know more background). We celebrate Yule, December 21st, and this goes on for 12 days when the ceremonial Yule log is extinguished and the ashes scattered on the fields to promote the earth's fertility in anticipation of the beginning of new crops growing in the Spring.

As the majority of us are rather busy at Solstice, with our own Coven's or Rituals, Glasgow Pagans are having a social get together and meal out early in January, before our next big Ritual Imbolc/Oimealg - Jan 30th being a Full Moon Sabbat, 31st Imbolc Eve and 1st Feb Imbolc itself, the Festival of the Maiden. Should be a very busy time!

Hope that answers your question. :)

cheers, i hate the covens, but the cornice is worse ;)

Pagans do seem to have a shitload of festivals.

I have a theory. I don't think pagans had thought up the idea of "weeks", with the same seven days in rotation, so they had to think up 365 different names for the days.

It makes sense.

I'm afraid your theory is incorrect. There appear to be a lot of Pagan festivals but not every Pagan celebrates every festival. If you look at the title of one of the books I've ordered, there are many branches of Paganism, each with their own Festival Days, under the one pantheistic umberella - "A Guide to Wicca, Druidry, Asatru, Shamanism and Other Pagan Practices".

Check your diary and look at all the festivals the organised religions like Christianity, Islam and Judaism have and lump them all together and assume that everyone of those faiths take all those holidays/festivals. Without being rude - that's what you've just done, that is!

And we have to have extremely accurate calendars! ;)

cheers, i hate the covens, but the cornice is worse ;)

:rolleyes: Very good!

I was alright till I read this post.

Now I'm not alright. Hold me. :(

My mate was playing cricket in the school playground in junior school and the young sports master bowled a fast delivery to him (probably showing off). It missed the bat and whacked him smack in the front teeth. :green Nothing fell out but one top front tooth went "dead" and turned kind of grey over the next few weeks before the dentist finally took it out. :(

I was alright. I was wearing glasses and wasn't allowed to play sports, apart from the bullying one where I was always "it". <_<

Edit: Actually, they way my body clock is going, when I go back to work in January I may ask if it can be on permanent night shift! :(

Edited by Kilt

My mate was playing cricket in the school playground in junior school and the young sports master bowled a fast delivery to him (probably showing off). It missed the bat and whacked him smack in the front teeth. :green Nothing fell out but one top front tooth went "dead" and turned kind of grey over the next few weeks before the dentist finally took it out. :(

I got one of my big teeth nutted not long after I grew it in, and about 2/3rds of it got smashed. Luckily, most of it grew back, but I went through school with a big chip in my front teeth (used to use it for stripping wires). I also had one of my "canine" teeth ground down by a knee to the chin in secondary school.

Neither of them bothered me.

That post above did. :(

..but I went through school with a big chip in my front teeth

That post above did. :(

Sorry about that! I just remembered it after Saints1884 and your posts.

Incidentally, I'm just wondering how long it'll be before some carping smartarse asks "Whit aboot thon big chip oan yer shoulder then?"

Perhaps I may have nipped that in the bud there! ;)

cheers

is there a pagan church type thing or just the festivals?

Last one before I piss people off, as this is actually not a PTTGOYN. ;)

Nope. No "church type thing". As Paganism is based on living as one with the natural world, organising us into a sanctified building to hold a formal service is anathema. Some Pagans meet in groups, some practice alone. Most often we try to hold Rites in the open air at symbolic or meaningful sites, for example a set of standing stones, a woodland grove, an ancient earthwork etc.

We are definitely not as organised as your average Church Garden Fete. One of my friends was telling me about a Rite aranged to take place on Arran. The group all piled off the CalMac into Brodick, thought "Ooh, it's a Rite" and dashed into the Co-op and bought loads of cakes and mead.

No-one thought to buy any "sensible" food for the beachside picnic afterwards! :rolleyes:

PM me if have any other questions I can help with. :)

Last one before I piss people off, as this is actually not a PTTGOYN. ;)

Nope. No "church type thing". As Paganism is based on living as one with the natural world, organising us into a sanctified building to hold a formal service is anathema. Some Pagans meet in groups, some practice alone. Most often we try to hold Rites in the open air at symbolic or meaningful sites, for example a set of standing stones, a woodland grove, an ancient earthwork etc.

We are definitely not as organised as your average Church Garden Fete. One of my friends was telling me about a Rite aranged to take place on Arran. The group all piled off the CalMac into Brodick, thought "Ooh, it's a Rite" and dashed into the Co-op and bought loads of cakes and mead.

No-one thought to buy any "sensible" food for the beachside picnic afterwards! :rolleyes:

PM me if have any other questions I can help with. :)

cheers, a nice big fire on weather like this then, do ye burn non believers on it :lol:

I find myself saying, "I wish customers thought more like me and would just fuck off" quite a lot.

I also hate it when I'm clearly standing at a checkout, and people come up and ask "you serving?" I feel like saying, "naw, I'm fucking standing here for the benefit of my health you utter cretin"

What's even better is someone putting most of their shopping on the belt thing and the check-out person saying that they are just closing. :lol: