Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but in the 6 o'clock news on the BBC yesterday, the reporting of the Scotland Managerial post annoyed me on two levels.

1. It was almost the last item in the half-hour broadcast. This wouldn't bother me if it were not the case that if it were the England job, it would almost certainly be headline or second story.

2. Craig Levein was described as "the former Dundee manager". Now sorry, but this is just blatant ignorance. Would you seriously expect (for example) Manchester United ex-manager to be referred to as "the former Manchester manager" or an ex-Villa manager being referred to as "the former Birmingham manager"? No you wouldn't. It's not even just the factual inaccuracy of the statement that annoys me; it shows complete contempt for Scotland and Scottish sport by the powers that be in BBC's London studio.

I'm not normally one to complain about this sort of thing: I think Reporting Scotland is an absolutely chronic excuse for a "national" news bulletin, with their forced jokes that even they don't find amusing, putting stupid Jaws music behind a piece on Peter Tobin, and mandatory weekly story about Scotland's best lollipop man. Perhaps it's a result of dumbing down across the board... I don't know... but television news just isn't as good as it used to be.

One of our artic trucks drove all the way up from Tamworth to Cumbernauld without incident,Only to break down 100 yards from the front gates of the depot <_<

Also the flight could not land this morning so instead of a nice easy day tomorrow will be ran of our feet trying to deliver more parcels than fucking Santa Claus <_<

Yesterday was terrible. I still had goods stuck in Birmingham in the afternoon that were supposed to be in London by 09.00. Still it was quiet for all that apart from making up excuses on the phone.

Not so much a PTGOYN but i find the size of the footprints in the snow outside my office slightly unnerving.

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but in the 6 o'clock news on the BBC yesterday, the reporting of the Scotland Managerial post annoyed me on two levels.

1. It was almost the last item in the half-hour broadcast. This wouldn't bother me if it were not the case that if it were the England job, it would almost certainly be headline or second story.

2. Craig Levein was described as "the former Dundee manager". Now sorry, but this is just blatant ignorance. Would you seriously expect (for example) Manchester United ex-manager to be referred to as "the former Manchester manager" or an ex-Villa manager being referred to as "the former Birmingham manager"? No you wouldn't. It's not even just the factual inaccuracy of the statement that annoys me; it shows complete contempt for Scotland and Scottish sport by the powers that be in BBC's London studio.

I'm quite impressed, but you are aware that you've left yourself open to "chip on the shoulder", "anti-English", and "jealousy" remarks? You're right though!

Regarding news in general, I think that now they've got 24 hour news channels and the interweb, people just don't need tv news bulletins as much. The people who are actually properly interested in the news will read and watch in depth in their own time, and so the news bulletins are really just to capture the attention of the thick masses. So I think there is a bit of dumbing down, but for reasons I can understand.

I'm quite impressed, but you are aware that you've left yourself open to "chip on the shoulder", "anti-English", and "jealousy" remarks? You're right though!

Regarding news in general, I think that now they've got 24 hour news channels and the interweb, people just don't need tv news bulletins as much. The people who are actually properly interested in the news will read and watch in depth in their own time, and so the news bulletins are really just to capture the attention of the thick masses. So I think there is a bit of dumbing down, but for reasons I can understand.

There's dumbing down, and then there's just lazy, inaccurate reporting.

I need to go into town to buy a pair of black trousers, because apparently I've ballooned into some sort of grotesque fat b*****d and neither the ones I have in the house, or the pair I ordered that arrived yesterday, even come close to fitting.

I'm going to have to try them on in the shop. I can't think of anything worse.

Guest The Phoenix
I need to go into town to buy a pair of black trousers, because apparently I've ballooned into some sort of grotesque fat b*****d and neither the ones I have in the house, or the pair I ordered that arrived yesterday, even come close to fitting.

I'm going to have to try them on in the shop. I can't think of anything worse.

xbl might have a second hand pair that are too small for him?

I ordered a mixed kebab yesterday, with "salad and sauce separate" on the note I gave to my mum's partner, who called it. Came to the door, and it had salad and sauce on it. I was devastated. :(

I hadn't eaten in like 5 hours. Called them again anyway, and half an hour later they came back with the replacement. It was horrible, though. I can't stand the sauce on it. :(

I ordered a mixed kebab yesterday, with "salad and sauce separate" on the note I gave to my mum's partner, who called it. Came to the door, and it had salad and sauce on it. I was devastated. :(

I hadn't eaten in like 5 hours. Called them again anyway, and half an hour later they came back with the replacement. It was horrible, though. I can't stand the sauce on it. :(

Salad :lol:

Asda, Falkirk yesterday. Single mums with the inability to drive their fucking trolley in a straight line :angry:

Undoubtedly the biggest issue facing single mums at Christmas - their inability to drive their shopping trolleys straight.

Trolleys are an absolute nightmare.

Not if you use them at the bike track, they're not. Hurts like f**k when you fall off at the bottom of the hill, but worth it in the end.

Edited by Smurph