Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I find it depressing that people younger than me are banging on about how old they are...

Happy birthday, and welcome to middle age (or the rock 'n' roll death age, whatever you prefer).

I can accept that 1995 was 15 years ago in terms of the passage of time but I can't accept that 2005 was 5 years ago. Probably as I can appreciate an obvious difference between myself at 12 and at 27, but my life since I left uni in 2003 seems to have gone by in a flash.

Did the mods delete Marv's 'Best of P&B' thread?

Div locked it this morning, leaving a message that he thought it was disgraceful how the word "paedo" was being bandied around like a playground accusation. I'm guessing he then went on to (in the words of one of our dear departed members) sweep sweep it under the carpet. Presumably, paedo is a serious word, not a comedy M word like Swampy.

Div locked it this morning, leaving a message that he thought it was disgraceful how the word "paedo" was being bandied around like a playground accusation. I'm guessing he then went on to (in the words of one of our dear departed members) sweep sweep it under the carpet. Presumably, paedo is a serious word, not a comedy M word like Swampy.

Why do you bother? Seriously? If you don't like how this board is run why don't you fuck off?

Div had every reason to close and delete that thread, it was way below belt. Calling someone a Paedo just isn't the done thing. You just can't go throwing accusations like that around.

It's Div's website, he can do whatever the hell he wants. I could start a thread on cute kittens and Div could choose to delete it if he wanted. If you don't like it you know where the door is, no one is putting a gun to your head to post on here.

I'm willing to bet you are genuinely gutted that Swampy is only banned for a week. You had yourself lined up to take his place, didn't you?

What a sad existence you must lead, you utter Swampy.

I can accept that 1995 was 15 years ago in terms of the passage of time but I can't accept that 2005 was 5 years ago. Probably as I can appreciate an obvious difference between myself at 12 and at 27, but my life since I left uni in 2003 seems to have gone by in a flash.

Aye, that's the same for me since I left uni in '05 - it's a well worn out phrase but it only seems like yesterday that I was preparing for graduation.

There's one or two folk starting at my work who were born in 1992. That also makes me feel old. <_<

If you called yourself a paedo, would you allow yourself a rebuttal or would you report yourself and get yourself banned?

Looks like it.

If you saw Fudge's post, then you've seen everything you needed to see.

I didn't see Fudge's post, but a lot of the thread was genuinely funny. I'd have thought deleting the offending posts would have been enough. Doesnae really matter at the end of the day, but I was quite enjoying reading about other posters' memories of the best threads in years gone by.

Hey ho.

Guest The Phoenix

The only funny line I've ever posted was in that thread. Now it's gone. Gutted. :P

Have a green spot to cheer yourself up. ;)

Edit: Some bugger's given you a red one to cancel it out. :lol:

Edited by The Phoenix

I didn't see Fudge's post, but a lot of the thread was genuinely funny. I'd have thought deleting the offending posts would have been enough. Doesnae really matter at the end of the day, but I was quite enjoying reading about other posters' memories of the best threads in years gone by.

Hey ho.

Ditto.

Except I did see Fudge's post. I've seen worse. But it was complained about and removed. If other posts headed the same way they should have had the same done. Most of the thread should have wound up in the Gold forum frankly.

Why do you bother? Seriously? If you don't like how this board is run why don't you fuck off?

Div had every reason to close and delete that thread, it was way below belt. Calling someone a Paedo just isn't the done thing. You just can't go throwing accusations like that around.

It's Div's website, he can do whatever the hell he wants. I could start a thread on cute kittens and Div could choose to delete it if he wanted. If you don't like it you know where the door is, no one is putting a gun to your head to post on here.

I'm willing to bet you are genuinely gutted that Swampy is only banned for a week. You had yourself lined up to take his place, didn't you?

I don't get this either xbass. What is it with you and Swampy - is it some kind of bizarre competition to show who can "stick it to the man" most? Here's the thing - it isn;t your site. It lives or dies by the people whon post on it, sure, but it isn;t yours, and it certianly isn;t up to you to decide how it's run. Seriously, you're a funny guy and I really enjoy our exchanges on here, but it's a laugh- it changes nothing. Calm down eh?

Why do you bother? Seriously? If you don't like how this board is run why don't you f**k off?

I don't get this either xbass. What is it with you and Swampy - is it some kind of bizarre competition to show who can "stick it to the man" most? Here's the thing - it isn;t your site. It lives or dies by the people whon post on it, sure, but it isn;t yours, and it certianly isn;t up to you to decide how it's run. Seriously, you're a funny guy and I really enjoy our exchanges on here, but it's a laugh- it changes nothing. Calm down eh?

Well, I suppose it makes a change from being accused of sooking up to the mods and being a wannabe mod myself. If you look at my post, all I did was answer a question from Stewarty in a lighthearted manner. I never even questioned the decision to close it, unlike other posters after me. I do appreciate tips from Adam Wee on site etiquette though. One could never accuse him of testing the limits of this site.

I can't get my head around the fact that it's 2010, and that's 10 years after the year 2000.

If someone asked me how long ago 1980 was, my initial instinct would be "20 years".

I don't know why...

I'm the same. f**k me, I'm 19 and already feel old.

Petty thing: films with unneccesary happy endings. I don't want a happy ending, I'm a miserable tosser. When a film's set up perfectly for everyone to die or whatever, don't have a miraculous turn around where everything works out fine, just let them die and it can be good.

No specific film has brought this on by the way, just an observation.

The stink from that landfill site outside Grangemouth on the M9 it is honking.

It is horrible! We drove past it on Monday. yuk!

Petty thing: films with unneccesary happy endings. I don't want a happy ending, I'm a miserable tosser. When a film's set up perfectly for everyone to die or whatever, don't have a miraculous turn around where everything works out fine, just let them die and it can be good.

I agree with this to a certain extent.

I do appreciate tips from Adam Wee on site etiquette though. One could never accuse him of testing the limits of this site.

Well if it stops you from being a prize winning turd then I'm happy.

As for not accusing me of testing the limits of this site? I think I was 18 at the time when I was "Testing the limits", as you put it. I put it down to being an immature wee arse. What's your excuse, fatboy?