Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

Got up this morning and my kitchen ceiling is about to cave in. Turns out we have a leaky bath. :(

I assume you've turned off the water at the stopcock? :unsure:

Hangover from hell. The usual tricks to get rid of it aren't working - fry up, dilutant orange juice, water etc. just don't match this monster. It's horrible, never felt like this before after a night out...not touching aftershock again.

Offft!

The worst hangover that I've ever had was after gubbing half a bottle of green chatreusse and a fair amount of cans to get rid of the taste.

My shite looked like a melted Monet painting and I had the dry boak and compulsory sair heid from the moment I woke up until the merciful moment I got back to sleep.

Glad I don't drink that often now.

I assume you've turned off the water at the stopcock? :unsure:

I think it's the plug that is the issue, no obvious leak but I think the plug been seeping when we've been showering/bathing. Plumber coming in couple hours and guy just been out to see the damage for the roof so will get that in the post tomorrow to insurance company.

Guest The Phoenix

I think it's the plug that is the issue, no obvious leak but I think the plug been seeping when we've been showering/bathing. Plumber coming in couple hours and guy just been out to see the damage for the roof so will get that in the post tomorrow to insurance company.

That's a mighty big envelope.

Hope everything gets sorted for Christmas.

Offft!

The worst hangover that I've ever had was after gubbing half a bottle of green chatreusse and a fair amount of cans to get rid of the taste.

My shite looked like a melted Monet painting and I had the dry boak and compulsory sair heid from the moment I woke up until the merciful moment I got back to sleep.

Glad I don't drink that often now.

I once spent an ill-advised weekend drinking buckfast and vodka and red bull. fucking horrendous, 4 or 5 days worth of a hangover with my body trying to rip itself in half between bouncing of the walls, total exhaustion and panic attacks if i tried to sit still for more than 30 seconds. On the first day of the hangover i had about 20 showers, brushed my teeth about as many times and took several walks in the snow before finally twitching myself to sleep listening to a lord of the rings DVD (a film i never have and can now ever bring myself to actually watch). One of those occasions where you start to think dying might by a reasonable alternative. turns out i have liver disease anyway (not caused by drinking or humpin dirties) so i probably did about kill myself. I gave up drinking altogether not long after that.

I miss Guinness.

Will of been a leaky waste pipe, if you remove the bath panel, you'll probably see it. Plumber shouldn't charge too much for that, probably just needs a wee tighten up. Your bathroom maybe about a year old ish?

No it's nearlt 5 years old, it was a cheap bath and I think the plug seal has disintegrated.....we ordered a new suite at the weekend as well. It's getting delivered tomorrow instead of Feb and I think we have someone who'll come out between Xmas and New year but it'll be after the holidays before kitchen sorted. But the bonus is part of the quote will be to redecorate the whole kitchen which was needing done anyway :D

I once spent an ill-advised weekend drinking buckfast and vodka and red bull. fucking horrendous, 4 or 5 days worth of a hangover with my body trying to rip itself in half between bouncing of the walls, total exhaustion and panic attacks if i tried to sit still for more than 30 seconds. On the first day of the hangover i had about 20 showers, brushed my teeth about as many times and took several walks in the snow before finally twitching myself to sleep listening to a lord of the rings DVD (a film i never have and can now ever bring myself to actually watch). One of those occasions where you start to think dying might by a reasonable alternative. turns out i have liver disease anyway (not caused by drinking or humpin dirties) so i probably did about kill myself. I gave up drinking altogether not long after that.

I miss Guinness.

The worst hangover I've ever had was a weekend bender drinking, lager, stout, Buckfast, wine, whisky and vodka. By the time I stopped drinking I was having panic attacks, twitching, falling asleep for a second then waking up with a jolt etc. Utterly horrible and I've not had a blowout like that since and probably never will again.

I'll call - bluff!

Silver Aftershock is probably better than crack.

I used to drink Goldschlager (cinnamon liquer with gold fragments in it) at the end of a night and had terrible sickness next day. :wacko:

Don't even get me started on Pernod :green

Edited by footiechick

I used to drink Goldschlager (cinnamon liquer with gold fragments in it) at the end of a night and had terrible sickness next day. :wacko:

Don't even get me started on Pernod :green

I despise Pernod. Three shots of it and fucking BANG. You wake up a day later lying in an inflatable raft in someone's garden wondering where you are and if you have been raped.

I despise Pernod. Three shots of it and fucking BANG. You wake up a day later lying in an inflatable raft in someone's garden wondering where you are and if you have been raped.

Sounds good! At my age it pays to be expedient with ones social evenings. Time precludes the wooing of a young gentleman, so the more rohypnol in the Pernod the better.

What has society become? Young men acting all wacky and zany by getting 'like, sooooo drunk' on shots that they don't even like the taste of. You fucking disgust me. You shouldn't be allowed to have a penis.

Get back to drinking cans in a park then we'll think about giving you your man card back.

What has society become? Young men acting all wacky and zany by getting 'like, sooooo drunk' on shots that they don't even like the taste of. You fucking disgust me. You shouldn't be allowed to have a penis.

Get back to drinking cans in a park then we'll think about giving you your man card back.

Don't get the brolly from your strawberry daiquiri stuck in your japseye Mr. Grumpy!