Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just buy a provisional you miserable sod its only 25 quid or something.

Like many, I've got a shitey, super mild form of epilepsy meaning I can't even get a provisional, never mind a full drivers licence. Cheers to you and your green dot buddy for that.

I didn't know that they weren't a form of ID. Good to know. :D

Most bars in student cities accept them to get in (otherwise some places get f*** all business) but because of this, most students just presume that they're proper forms of ID and that they can be used anywhere. On a tangent, I like it when students show their card and ask for student concession at non-studenty town grounds and get told "f**k off, yer an adult here sonny!".

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've got a mate that works in Sainsburys. We were talking one day about ID and even though he knew I was well over the age of 18 he would ID me if I went to his till buying booze. Found it quite strange but then again anyone could be walking past and see that he was friendly with a customer and didn't ask for ID.

I think we should do things like the Americans (can't believe I said that). My sister and her boyfriend are not long back from Florida. They were out most nights for dinner and were asked for ID every single time anyone bought a drink, including one of the guys there that was well over 30. I think it's just a blanket policy there that you produce ID when you buy a drink.

I think we should do things like the Americans (can't believe I said that). My sister and her boyfriend are not long back from Florida. They were out most nights for dinner and were asked for ID every single time anyone bought a drink, including one of the guys there that was well over 30. I think it's just a blanket policy there that you produce ID when you buy a drink.

I'm off to Denver on Thursday and had a moment of dread there... although ironically I just remembered that it'll be one of the few moments I'll have my passport on me anyway. Don't feel comfortable leaving it in my hotel room or wherever when abroad.

It does have your DOB on it,or is that the NHS card things?

It never used to, mind you, I got mine 13 years ago so it may have changed since then.

Definitely doesn't have a photo though, so I don't imagine anywhere would accept it.

It never used to, mind you, I got mine 13 years ago so it may have changed since then.

Definitely doesn't have a photo though, so I don't imagine anywhere would accept it.

*snigger*

You're old.

My student card does not have my DOB on it and it's only 4 years old. The only acceptable forms of ID are:

1. A drivers license containing a photo.

2. A valid passport.

3. A citizen card with the 'pass' hologram'.

Some places are bitchy about provisionals which is a complete joke.

When I was 15 I bought a fake ID on line for £10. 'The University of Sutton'.

When I was 15 I bought a fake ID on line for £10. 'The University of Sutton'.

A mate of mine has a dodgy looking University of Norwich student card which I've sometimes used to get into Pittodrie if there's a midweek game on. Although we look nothing like each other, he has specs too and so as soon as a hat goes on, the guys at the turnstyle don't notice. :D

Concession ticket's still a rip off there though.

I think my old NUS card had my date of birth on it although if you were under 18 when you joined uni, your first year card had 'Under 18' right over it in nice noticeable red lettering. A lot of folk tried to scratch them off but bouncers were onto them and gave our normal ones a good thorough check at times.

Speaking of bouncers, another hate of mine (I know I've had two already today, sorry) are those that have you waiting in queues out in the rain when the club's not actually full so that they make the place look more popular than it is. Additionally, those that claim it's full and can't let anyone else in on health and safety grounds, only to let folk in straight after because they know 'John' who works on the bar. In fact, just bouncers in general. :angry:

Hate buying bread, getting halfway through the loaf and it's stinking of mould.

At least you can now get half loafs in some places. I remember trying to do the food shopping for one and it was a nightmare. Everything seems to come in multiples or family packs these days so no wonder there's so much food wastage in this country. I had a buy one get one free on bread last week and the cashier thought I was weird that I only wanted the one loaf (I struggle to finish just the one normally). I did my good deed for the day and asked the wifey behind if she wanted a free loaf but she said that she had one already. At least I tried.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've got a mate that works in Sainsburys. We were talking one day about ID and even though he knew I was well over the age of 18 he would ID me if I went to his till buying booze. Found it quite strange but then again anyone could be walking past and see that he was friendly with a customer and didn't ask for ID.

Or do what Dave Gorman did,and get a tattoo of his details from his passport..... :ph34r::lol:

Speaking of bouncers, another hate of mine (I know I've had two already today, sorry) are those that have you waiting in queues out in the rain when the club's not actually full so that they make the place look more popular than it is. Additionally, those that claim it's full and can't let anyone else in on health and safety grounds, only to let folk in straight after because they know 'John' who works on the bar. In fact, just bouncers in general. :angry:

This is one of the things I like about working in a bar and being mates with most of the doormen in Cleethorpes, I don't have to queue for anywhere biggrin.gif

Like many, I've got a shitey, super mild form of epilepsy meaning I can't even get a provisional, never mind a full drivers licence. Cheers to you and your green dot buddy for that.

Didnt know that sorry. Point still stands though theres another card thing you can buy!