Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I used to light fires all the time, and I love fireworks. In fact, bonfire night was always great fun for my family, as we all have 'specialities'. My dad ties multiple fireworks together, my brother favours the "stick rockets directly in the ground so they can't take off" approach, and I light rockets out of my hands.

Kids have always set fire to stuff, and they always will. Very little harm is ever done by this stuff (although as always, there are exceptions). You should go to Iceland. I was there a couple new years back and wee kids were effectively wandering the streets with handfuls of fireworks, setting them off to their hearts content.

You are coming across as a miserable killjoy old man. Did you never have a childhood?

Yeah, of course I had a childhood, but I never felt the need or saw the attraction of setting fire to things. I had a paper round and I used to walk a neighbours dog, I would use the money to buy computer games or footy magazines or to go to the footy in the afternoon or the ice hockey at night. i had, and still have, a wee thing for people called respect, it was the way i was brought up and it'll never change. I'm not the only person that's getting pissed off with these brats, it's getting to the point where somebody's going to get hurt, that's the point I'm trying to get across here.

Yeah, of course I had a childhood, but I never felt the need or saw the attraction of setting fire to things. I had a paper round and I used to walk a neighbours dog, I would use the money to buy computer games or footy magazines or to go to the footy in the afternoon or the ice hockey at night. i had, and still have, a wee thing for people called respect, it was the way i was brought up and it'll never change.

That sounds like a fucking brutal childhood in all honesty.

Yeah, of course I had a childhood, but I never felt the need or saw the attraction of setting fire to things. I had a paper round and I used to walk a neighbours dog, I would use the money to buy computer games or footy magazines or to go to the footy in the afternoon or the ice hockey at night. i had, and still have, a wee thing for people called respect, it was the way i was brought up and it'll never change. I'm not the only person that's getting pissed off with these brats, it's getting to the point where somebody's going to get hurt, that's the point I'm trying to get across here.

Really, you think its getting worse? Well I disagree. Todays cosseted, molly coddled kids wouldn't understand the meaning of a good fire, and they seem far more scared. If anything, I think there are less fireworks around than when I was a kid, and people have less bonfires, campfires, and set fire to less stuff. You're railing against a problem that only really exists in your own mind.

Really, you think its getting worse? Well I disagree. Todays cosseted, molly coddled kids wouldn't understand the meaning of a good fire, and they seem far more scared. If anything, I think there are less fireworks around than when I was a kid, and people have less bonfires, campfires, and set fire to less stuff. You're railing against a problem that only really exists in your own mind.

Do you have any statistical analysis to back up that 'fact' of less bonfires, campfires and setting fire to less stuff or did you just make that up?

When you DON'T hang up the 'please redress / clean my room' sign on your hotel door and the staff come in and gut everything in your room anyway. It's as if the f***ers enjoy their jobs so much that they want to do it despite me saying to them 'save yourself a bit of work'.

It usually takes me a night or two to get used to a new bed (especially hotel ones which tend to be harder) and the last thing I want is the whole thing pressed again after I've tried to wear into it. Why the need every night? Does anyone here change their bed sheets every single night??! huh.gif

If it was me, I'd see the sign, go into the room to make it look like I was cleaning but just leave the place alone and watch TV for 15-20 mins. ph34r.gif

Eta: iPads not understanding that a full one line gap between sentences should break them up on P&B posts. That and not being able to drop the cursor midway through a word.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1349868921[/url]' post='6700343']

People who live here buying still bottled water!!

Fucking nobheads

People living here buying anti-lime scale products for their dishwashers or whatever because the adverts tell them to do so. I'm struggling to think of any Scottish reservoir sitting on limestone even though several towns themselves are built on 'limey sandstone' (to avoid the jargon)

Car in the garage, starter motor is fucked and they are so busy it can't be fixed till Monday. Luckily the owner is good friends with my boss, so I'll save some cash. f**k, after the last few days I'd be as we'll as taking up a permanent residence on this thread.

Car in the garage, starter motor is fucked and they are so busy it can't be fixed till Monday. Luckily the owner is good friends with my boss, so I'll save some cash. f**k, after the last few days I'd be as we'll as taking up a permanent residence on this thread.

You should've set fire to it.

People complaining about you because they dont get their own way...

Guy is lucky call wasn't recorded (I'm not on a help desk) as he tried like a dog to breach the data protection act and by end of all I was more than happy to report it

One of the customers is exactly the same, he's more looking forward the boozing than the football.

Ive been going to watch scotland abroad since the 80s and i would rather be somewhere else,i like a bevy but im not even looking forward to that side of things :(

People who live here buying still bottled water!!

Fucking nobheads

Agreed completely. Even buying bottled still water in a place like North Texas (where the water isn't great) is daft since it's often just tap water anyway. To do it in Scotland, where the water is generally very good, is just idiotic.

Do you get 'Fiji' water in the UK? It's sold in the USA. It is, I shit you not, water shipped from Fiji. What a colossal waste of resources.

I drink canned sparkling water. It would never, ever occur to me to pay for still water when potable tap water is available.

Edited by Swampy

I drink bottled water all the time. Can't drink sparkling water though.

The difference between bottled water and tap water is night and day.

Maybe it is English tap water you are buying as bottled hence it tastes poo?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9484130/Tesco-and-Asda-own-brand-bottled-water-comes-from-mains.html

Own brand bottled still water, which is on sale for 17p for two litres, is being sold alongside global mineral water brands such as Evian and Perrier.

But Tesco's Everyday Value Still Water and Asda's Smartprice Still Water are filtered water from the mains supply, the supermarkets said last night