Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ive started eating heathier to lose the half stone I put on over xmas. I am always starving now though :(

1/2 a stone :blink: Really? Thats slimming disorder material surely?

I feel your pain. The other half has joined Weightwatchers, so as part of an overall fitness binge I've taken to eating a bit healthier too. It's actually not too bad - there's something quite satisfying about actually making a meal that isn't filled with random shite.

Been meaning/needing to get the finger out regarding all things healthy, so I guess now is as good a time as ever to start.

Doesn't help when there's still shiploads of chocolate, crisps etc leftover from Christmas and New Year...

Guest The Phoenix

There's something quite satisfying about actually making a meal that isn't filled with random shite.

I'm convinced. Thanks for pointing that out.

I was reading the other day that 7lb is actually the average weight that people put on over the festive period. Of course, it was from a Weight Watchers leader, but still... I managed to put on less than that, so I'm happy. :lol:

I was reading the other day that 7lb is actually the average weight that people put on over the festive period. Of course, it was from a Weight Watchers leader, but still... I managed to put on less than that, so I'm happy. :lol:

Congrats :D

Eh, I could take a stab at my weight and be a stone + out, easily. I ''think'' 11 1/2 stone and probably under.

Find it hard that folk alter their behaviour over a good shoite.

Congrats :D

Eh, I could take a stab at my weight and be a stone + out, easily. I ''think'' 11 1/2 stone and probably under.

Find it hard that folk alter their behaviour over a good shoite.

It can make a big difference, depending on where you put the weight on. If it all goes straight on your belly and you were only 7 stone to start with, it'll show! If you were 30 stone from the off, I doubt it'll feel like much. I've noticed a pair of my jeans are tighter now than they were, but then it's not impossible that I've shrunk them in the tumble drier. :lol:

Guest The Phoenix

It can make a big difference, depending on where you put the weight on. If it all goes straight on your belly and you were only 7 stone to start with, it'll show! If you were 30 stone from the off, I doubt it'll feel like much. I've noticed a pair of my jeans are tighter now than they were, but then it's not impossible that I've shrunk them in the tumble drier. :lol:

I'm trying the "these must be my son's jeans" excuse. :(

Typed a pretty lengthy post for the "13 for '13" thread, didn't actually post it and came out of the page. Can't be arsed going back and re-typing it all.

I suppose it's a little ironic that one of my resolutions on said post was to not be so fucking lazy.

Edited by smpar

I got my wife a car for her xmas and today an old woman reversed her car into it <_< <_< She then drove away and parked as if nothing had happened <_<

Some of the things you see older folk doing on the roads are frankly unbelievable. Old woman in a supermarket car park nearly ran me over as she wasn't looking behind her to reverse!

They seem to be completely oblivious to everything happening around them.

I've been at the doctors over the past six weeks, and I noticed from the printouts that I managed to lose four pounds in the space of eight days: same time of day, no illness, strenuous exercise and I'm pretty sure I was still eating over the period. Utterly bizarre.

In the four weeks since I've put on two pounds which is quite good going given I was eating out nearly every night, with U.S. portions too.

Folk getting tattoos that mean f**k all. Whether it be some shitey quote on the inside of your forearm from a person that you wouldn't otherwise give a f**k about about, like Marilyn Monroe or Muhammad Ali, or an equally as ridiculous Tweety Pie or mad grape vine looking thing stretching from your tit to your fanny.

Folk getting tattoos that mean f**k all. Whether it be some shitey quote on the inside of your forearm from a person that you wouldn't otherwise give a f**k about about, like Marilyn Monroe or Muhammad Ali, or an equally as ridiculous Tweety Pie or mad grape vine looking thing stretching from your tit to your fanny.

Folk who moan about other people's tattoos. It's none of your fucking business what someone else wants to do to their body.

Maybe they just like the look of it? I hope you wear only meaningful clothes.

Why should they have a meaning? Stop being a judgemental cunt.

Folk who moan about other people's tattoos. It's none of your fucking business what someone else wants to do to their body.

If we only post about things that are our business we'd be as well closing P&B now.

I try very hard not to be sexist but tattoos are the one area I struggle with. A tattoo on a 60/70/80 year old man doesn't look too bad but in years to come there are going to be a lot of women in these age groups with terrible looking, and in some cases extensive, tattoos.