Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The standard of grammar in adverts, especially radio adverts is a disgrace.

Go Compare - the secateurs one - "will not hasten to use" does not mean you will use them, you mean "will not hesitate"

Subway - the all knowing being who doesn't know how they set their prices - whilst one who is omnipotent might reasonally be expected to know everything the word you are looking for is omniscient

There are loads but those are just two i heard on the way to work this morning and now raging.

Also,

That Cancer Research/Race for Life Ad would still be really weird and uncomfortable if they were allowed to swear on it but would at least remove the unedifying spectacle of people trying to act all aggresive and hard whilst spitting phrases like 'cancer, you pratt' and 'get stuffed'.

In fact, just adverts in general

Go Compare - the secateurs one - "will not hasten to use" does not mean you will use them, you mean "will not hesitate"

Subway - the all knowing being who doesn't know how they set their prices - whilst one who is omnipotent might reasonally be expected to know everything the word you are looking for is omniscient

There are loads but those are just two i heard on the way to work this morning and now raging.

I am sure I heard the truly appalling 'more healthier' in one of those probiotic yoghurt commercials. Almost choked on my Yakult, I did.

God I hate that one! Mentally, I autocorrect it to hesitate each time I hear it.

Another that annoys me is one of the energy companies using 'IS YOUR BOILER ON THE BLINK?'

It's 'brink', you fucking spaz-mittens.

Perhaps it's an advertising ploy.

Actually, blink is a commonly used term for "broken down". On the "brink" means that it is still working, but is teetering on the edge of failure.

And now I feel dirty inside for invoking my internal grammer nazi.

Im sure you can buy them in Lidl.

Under the counter, likes.

Just go round to your nearest old folks home.

pissy and shitty fingers in the biscuit tin mmmmmmmmmmmm. It's a great game for the kids guess what ones chocolate.

Mainly Women of Asian descent wearing those surgical masks outside, to stop catching germs in Edinburgh next to the meadows. Stop being so paranoid, there's controls on air quality.

Altern8 filming a new video? 'Orient8'?

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo