Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just had to spell "info" to a guy over the phone as part of the email address.

I had to phone up three different companies in West London the other day. Each time it was a woman I spoke to and each time they did not have a fucking clue what I was saying despite me speaking in my best telephone voice as I know they struggle with any accent outside the M25.

The first woman didn't understand my four lettered surname when I told her, so I spelled it out for her; she didn't understand that so I had to spell it out using the phonetic alphabet; she didn't understand that so I was reduced to conversing with the stupid cow in a cockney accent which she understood perfectly.

I had to phone up three different companies in West London the other day. Each time it was a woman I spoke to and each time they did not have a fucking clue what I was saying despite me speaking in my best telephone voice as I know they struggle with any accent outside the M25.

The first woman didn't understand my four lettered surname when I told her, so I spelled it out for her; she didn't understand that so I had to spell it out using the phonetic alphabet; she didn't understand that so I was reduced to conversing with the stupid cow in a cockney accent which she understood perfectly.

The idea of you speaking to her in a Van-Dyke-esque accent is highly amusing.

Edit: I'm afraid the guy I had to spell "info" to wasn't English, just thick. There have been loads of responses, but a number are just plain garbage. For example, in one covering email a candidate states that he's looking for something else, but would take this role if necessary.

Some folk really need to up their game if they want to be employable.

Edited by Sweet Pete