Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

PC has started beeping when turned on. Quick google suggests either the memory is faulty (its not) or the motherboard is goosed.

That's the nightmare. I feel your pain.

Best scenario, assuming you don't fancy a full upgrade: buy another board that's the exact same model, and you'll probably get away with a straight replacement without having to reinstall Windows and everything else.

My worst case scenario was when the power supply went, taking the motherboard, CPU and RAM with it. All the poor wee thing could do was beep pathetically at me until I'd gradually replaced everything.

How old's the board, BTW? Check with the manufacturer, as you might be able to send it back for a replacement. I think some of the parts in my current machine are covered for up to 7 years.

It's to cover both BOGOF and BOGO half-price, type deals

Ooh, that's shady as anything. Invoking the spirit of the fabled BOGOF to gain interest in a substandard 'deal'? For shame.

I'll be keeping my money for BLOGGO's famous deals on computer software at the market.

The British Army are recruiting now, as confirmed by a billboard with a camouflaged c**t pointing a big rifle at your coupon in every Subway station I Glasgow.

Might work better if they sent the real thing TBH.

Guest The Phoenix

Came into the office this morning with a bacon roll and everyone pipes up "oh where's mine" and "he's trying to hide it from us" despite me eating it in full view at my desk.

Yeah I'm really going to spend £20 of my own money on buying everyone in the office bacon rolls.

F**k off

Forward this picture by e-mail to everyone in your office...

pig.jpg

Came into the office this morning with a bacon roll and everyone pipes up "oh where's mine" and "he's trying to hide it from us" despite me eating it in full view at my desk.

Yeah I'm really going to spend £20 of my own money on buying everyone in the office bacon rolls.

F**k off

One of the c***s is currently sending a snide email to the management to complain about the horrible smell in the office.

Expect a new office diktat regarding food consumption imminently.

Wouldn't surprise me.

One of them asked me to go back to the shop and get him a roll.

Couldn't make it up...

Used to work with a laddie who did a tremendously smug "you look upset"-type grin while he slowly ate his roll in these situations.

Always made sure to throw half away too. The seethe was palpable. Top boy.

My PTTTGOYN; trying to arrange numbers for my 30th so I can let the venue know and as per usual my step siblings are impossible to get hold of. They're a shower of selfish erses. Always the same when it's something for my side of the family, they just never bother making the same effort as we do for their side.

My PTTTGOYN; trying to arrange numbers for my 30th so I can let the venue know and as per usual my step siblings are impossible to get hold of. They're a shower of selfish erses. Always the same when it's something for my side of the family, they just never bother making the same effort as we do for their side.

You're arranging your own 30th birthday party?

Presumably you've already left them one message; leave it at that. They obviously don't give a f**k.

You're arranging your own 30th birthday party?

Presumably you've already left them one message; leave it at that. They obviously don't give a f**k.

No, my wife is, but it still irritates me. Told her to expect it, but it bugs me no less that they've done exactly what I said they would. 2 of them didn't come to my wedding either, and only 2 of the five of them came to my stag night.

No, my wife is, but it still irritates me. Told her to expect it, but it bugs me no less that they've done exactly what I said they would. 2 of them didn't come to my wedding either, and only 2 of the five of them came to my stag night.

Sounds like it'd be to the benefit of your mental health to stop inviting them to things. Seems to me like they enjoy having their wee GIRUY moments, so don't give them the opportunity.

Sounds like it'd be to the benefit of your mental health to stop inviting them to things. Seems to me like they enjoy having their wee GIRUY moments, so don't give them the opportunity.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it affects my mental health, an irritation is all it is. At the end of the day, I'll continue to invite them all to family events, as it reflects badly on me if I don't. If they choose not to come then that's their look out and it's them who end up looking bad, I won't make myself look bad in turn.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it affects my mental health, an irritation is all it is. At the end of the day, I'll continue to invite them all to family events, as it reflects badly on me if I don't. If they choose not to come then that's their look out and it's them who end up looking bad, I won't make myself look bad in turn.

Fair enough, but don't chase them up, for Christ's sake. It's not your job.