Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When the cleaners in work overfill the paper towel dispenser making it impossible to get any out in one piece.

Are you me? Had this the other day, and was left wiping my arse with tatters of toilet roll. And fury.

Shit, just realised I'm talking about toilet roll and you're talking about paper towels, which you clearly state in your post (and indeed even use the exact words 'paper towels'). My mind is a big soggy mess of fail and emotions.

Edited by DA Baracus

Are you me? Had this the other day, and was left wiping my arse with tatters of toilet roll. And fury.

Shit, just realised I'm talking about toilet roll and you're talking about paper towels, which you clearly state in your post (and indeed even use the exact words 'paper towels'). My mind is a big soggy mess of fail and emotions.

To be honest it applies equally to both. Thankfully our current bog paper retrieval system is equipped with rolls rather than sheets, but it could easily go the other way if they find a supplier of ethereal thin lavvy paper in sheets that's 4p per ton cheaper.

Do they price wholesale volumes of arse wipe by the ton?

I've been there with the paper towels.

The cleaner in my last work not only over filled the dispenser but also put the paper towels in "flaps up" so there was no way to pull them out at all.

Some people just want to see the world burn,

Trying to decide between two job offers in Europe - Bratislava or Spain. Also, trying to convince my girlfriend that moving abroad is a good idea.

Bratislava - capital of Slovakia, a city or

Spain - country where you could be going to Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian or dozens of other varied locations, climates etc..........

Hard to compare.

Wouldn't expect you to say between Barcelona or England, might look for a hint if it Scousers, Geordies or some other incomprehensible crowd you near.

Maybe your vagueness over Spain giving a hint where you want to go.

People who can't take a hint.

On train with earphones in and reading newspaper, somebody sits beside you and starts to talk meaning you have to

stop reading and take earphone out to listen.......

It is acceptable to tell me the train is on fire,

they are having a heartache,

ISIS have taken over the front carriage.

Not acceptable to be an auld git saying 'my isn't the train busy today'

Take the hint that earphones and paper mean I don't want to talk.

Edited after review from parsforlife...

Edited by MEADOWXI

Bratislava - capital of Slovakia, a city or

Spain - country where you could be going to Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian or dozens of other varied locations, climates etc..........

Hard to compare.

Wouldn't expect you to say between Barcelona or England, might look for a hint if it Scousers, Geordies or some other incomprehensible crowd you near.

Maybe your vagueness over Spain giving a hint where you want to go.

Spain if you like 2 hour lunch breaks and a wee kip after.

Agreed, makes me so pissed off that I want to kill myself.

Anyone know any methods?

Read your posts on this forum.

Won't take long.

Trying to decide between two job offers in Europe - Bratislava or Spain. Also, trying to convince my girlfriend that moving abroad is a good idea.

Bratislava is an incredible, wonderful city. It's beautiful, old, easy to get around and the people are lovely. That said, there isn't a lot to do in terms of leisure outside work. It's phenomenally cheap to live in, although maybe your salary will reflect that, I don't know. it's also really warm in summer and absolutely freezing in winter, which might not suit everyone but it's a nice contrast for us Scots IMO.

The one thing that might put me off is the language is a right bugger. I mean, you'd need to really be good at picking up languages to even have a chance. Learning Spanish is a lot easier.

The wife is currently in bed (has been since the weekend) exploding from both ends. Which means Im working from home and having to deal everything including all the household chores (her work), looking after the bairn (her work) and making my own tea (her work).

When the f**k am I supposed to get time for a cheeky J Arthur?

Go the whole hog and multitask, only during 1,2 or 4 though.

People who can't take a hint.

On train with earphones in and reading newspaper, somebody sits beside you and starts to talk meaning you have to

stop reading and take earphone out to listen.......

It is acceptable to tell me the train is on fire,

they are having a heartache,

ISIS have taken over the front carriage.

Not acceptable to be an auld git saying 'my isn't the train busy today'

Take the hint that earphones and paper mean I don't want to talk.

Edited after review from parsforlife...

On my last day of school (or the day when my last exam was, I think) I went for the bus home and was sat listening to appropriate music - staring absentmindedly out the window a girl from school sits down next to me all cheery and talky. I sit with both earphones still in, not looking at her and she keeps talking to me until I say f**k it and just get off to wait for another bus. Cow.

The wife is currently in bed (has been since the weekend) exploding from both ends. Which means Im working from home and having to deal everything including all the household chores (her work), looking after the bairn (her work) and making my own tea (her work).

When the f**k am I supposed to get time for a cheeky J Arthur?

You could have done it in the time it took you to post this.

That jibe might have made sense if I wasn't a fantastic poster and all round great guy.

Yes indeed.

Although you forgot to mention that it was in poor taste and should have been deleted. Nobody should make a joke of suicide (unless you've got a celebrity in the Dead Pool, obviously).